~Blake x Landon~ Part One

1. Blake x Landon

It was Ashton Grey that had found the list first and it was him who spread the news all over their high school's campus. Everybody on that list knew who he was and everyone on that list resented him; even his own brother.
~~*~~
    Landon walked up to his normal meeting point waiting for his younger brother but that day he was considering skipping and walking straight home.

    The events of that afternoon were still fresh on his mind. He remembered walking out towards his locker bay with his best friend, Desmond, laughing about what had happened in his Physics class. Until a sudden whispering began to arise amongst the crowd of high school students, he turned his head to find a group of people flocking around the news board. Desmond cocked his head curiously towards the board, "What's this about?"

"I don't know," Landon had replied, gently pushing through the crowd. There on the board he found his name scrawled in elegant cursive letters on a lined piece of paper, next to his name was Blake but there was one letter that had changed the whole context; an x. There in between Landon and Blake's names was an x and right above were another two words that confirmed what he had feared, "The Shipping List," written boldly along the top of the list. There were twelve names in total and six pairings but no author.

    He began to hear oohs from the crowd, and he turned to see all eyes pointed at him, he was mortified. Then he heard a sing-song voice call out, "Blake and Landon sitting in a tree."

"K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" the crowd had joined in; his face turned to a tomato red as he pushed away from the board. Almost running into his locker, he began to fiddle with his lock, forgetting the combination in his haste. Finally opening it, a paper fluttered to the ground. He picked it up and opened it, there inside was a heart with an arrow shot through both his and Blake's names. Crumpling the paper in his palm he threw it in the back of his locker and grunted as he had thrown the homework into his bag.

    Storming out the school, he ignored the stares and comments as he walked past and rushed to the spot, he was meeting his brother at. He wanted to leave immediately. Then he had heard Desmond's voice from behind him, "Hey Doc, you didn't say goodbye!"

"Leave me alone, Des!" he yelled back, he was not in the mood.

"Woah, woah, woah, that's harsh even for you but come on, talk to me," Des had said, now matching stride with him.

"I don't want to talk."

"Fine but I do have something to tell you," he continued. "I know who made the list go viral... But I'm not sure you'll like my answer."

"Spill it, Des," Landon had said.

"It was Ash. Ashton Grey."

"My brother!" Landon fumed, raking his hands through his hair.

"Yeah, sorry bud," Des replied, giving him a sympathetic look.

"Are you sure?" Ashton would never do this; it wasn't like him and he never do this to his own brother.

"Yep, heard it from Molly," Des responded with confidence, knowing his source was trustworthy.
He had been friends with Molly ever since her and Desmond had started dating, maybe even before then. She was kind and wore her heart on her sleeve and perfectly balanced out Desmond's impulsive nature. She couldn't tell a lie and was terrible at keeping secrets. Whenever she did, she would have this way of blurting it out at random moments, it was kind of funny at times.

They walked in a tense silence for a while and finally Des had gotten hint that Landon wanted to be left alone.

"Okay then...," Des said, making an awkward gesture with his hands. "See you tomorrow."