stay

imagine you were home, lying on your couch staring up at the white popcorn ceilings. you were having a rough night with your boyfriend as it was now four in the morning. you were still in your work clothes, the only thing off being your shoes.

this time it was bad. nathan had been a sweet lad for the past four months but things were changing it seemed like. a person can only hide the negative parts of themselves for so long before they crack.

like you always said, everyone's blind when the view is amazing, but now the view was starting to turn red.

you knew what you needed to do but instead you picked up the telephone and dialed the same number you had been every night for the past week. freddie.

god you wished you could just have freddie. you loved him so damn much, he was your angel. he'd do anything for you which he had been.

"hello dear." he stated in a fake cheerful tone that you could easily detect.

"hi fred."

"it happened again didn't it love?" he asked immediately already knowing the answer.

"yes."

"leave him, just please leave him." he pleaded.

"you know it's not that easy freddie, he'll kill me if i leave." you could feel the tears welling up in your eyes.

you wished this wasn't your reality. if only you didn't pick nathan maybe you could be with someone you really loved. maybe you wouldn't have blood dripping from your lips or a black swollen eye.

"no not if you're with me!" he yelled, immediately surprising both of you as silence flooded the phone call.

"fre-"

"no (y/n) listen. i know you're going through hell but there is only so much i can do before i'm not here anymore. i'll listen to you for as long as i can but that doesn't mean i'll stay. i love you but if you don't love me back the-"

"i love you."

it was once again silent. no words being spoken.

"please just come home to me" he whispered.

the line went dead.