Chapter 2

Mmmmm I love edits almost a year old
~~~

"Hello (L/N)-chaaan~!" Kokichi sang, a wide mischevious grin pasted to his lips.

"Oh, hey Oma-senpai!" You greeted with a wave. He ran a little to catch up to you, not even phased by the short burst.

"I'm REALLY bored. Soooo, do you wanna get some food with me right now? I heard a new sushi place opened!" Kokichi offered, putting his hands behind his head casually.

"Sure, that sounds good," You chuckled when your stomach grumbled as if to agree.

"Follow me!" Kokichi smiled and lead the way, doing a ridiculous march with you walking behind chuckling and snickering at him being so ridiculous. He seemed entertained enough by your laughing.

There was a new store alright, simply called 'すし' (sushi). Could people these days seriously not think of anything better to call their stores?

"Yaaay! We're here!" Kokichi ignored the name and lead the way inside, you following close behind. The inside was rather clean and cozy, definitely having a modern feel to it. Actually, the entire place was really modern. And to top it off was the air that the grand opening had happened fairly recently.

The two of you ordered your own dishes, Kokichi choosing the most expensive thing which included fugu fish (puffer fish) in the meal. You almost sighed but you held that in.

"Are you really sure you wanna do something that dangerous?" You bit your lip instead. Your aunt had died from fugu fish poisoning three years ago after she didn't prepare it properly despite being a trained cook. Kokichi didn't know this of course, but that made you more sensitive about eating the fish.

"Relaaaax, you gotta live a little!" Kokichi giggled happily.

You only shrugged your shoulders, let him waste his yen on potentially lethal fish. You had your own anyways. And luckily, it wasn't long until the food arrived. You both began to eat your respective orders.

"Mmm, this is yummy!" Kokichi smiled after his first bite.

"Mine's good too, they did a good job preparing it," You chuckled.

The two of you ate until your plates were almost empty, leaving just a bite or two. You felt a vibration from your phone so you checked it. It was a text from your mother.

お母さん (mother): Where are you? You said you'd be home 20 minutes ago.

Immediately you sent a reply.

Sent: Sorry!! I guess I underestimated how long I'd be gone. I'll start heading home now.

お母さん: Okay, don't be gone long.

You put your phone away after that.

"What was that about?" Kokichi tilted his head.

"My mom wants me home now, sorry. But it was nice eating here, Oma-senpai!" You flashed a small grin.

"Awww man! I can't even do my terrorizing pretending to die of poison today... oh well! There's always tomorrow~!" Kokichi cheered himself up, waving goodbye really obviously.

You chuckled and left, the two of you going your separate ways. On your way to the subway home you watched a strange boy seeming to be cautious of everyone. He clutched some kinda file in one hand while using his other to draw his black hat closer to his eyes, apparently too shy to even show his own face.

At the sight of Kokichi walking across the street he let out a small gasp before hiding further into his hat. What a strange person, and whoever he was went to your school, since he wore the uniform. It was a shame your school didn't have different uniforms for every year of high school, because you wanted to know what class this boy was in.

However, you didn't pay him much mind on your way to the subway, instead busying yourself with the schedule. To your luck there'd be a subway in a couple minutes, so you waited with everyone else until it arrived. You rode close enough to home and walked the rest of the way.

"I'm home!" You announced as you walked in, taking off your shoes at the door.

"Welcome back!" Your mother responded from somewhere in the house, most likely the kitchen.

Sure enough, there she was, washing the dishes. "Hi mom!"

"Hey (Y/N), how was your day at school?"

"It was nice, I met an upperclassman! His name is Oma Kokichi. That's who I was checking out the new sushi place with," You explained.

"That sounds fun," your mom smiled, washing off the last dish, "And look at that! I can practically see them sparkling!"

You chuckled and then went to your room. You were given just a couple review worksheets and you were sure they'd be discussed in class, so you got to work on them. They were easy, definitely just a way to refresh everyone's brains a little bit from the summer break. It wasn't as long as it was in some countries, but still long enough to forget some things.

Putting the worksheets in your bag, you smiled as you had free time the rest of the day. You decided to read (book/manga/whatever) for a while, and by the time you looked up again it was starting to get dark.

You heard the door open, and your dad's voice sounded, "I'm home!"

You smiled to yourself and left your room to greet your dad. "Hey dad! Welcome home!"

He smiled. "I got you a little present on the way home. It wasn't very expensive and I knew you'd like it."

He reached into his bag, and took out a small (fav animal) plushie. You grinned and took it, giving it a big hug. "I love it!! Thank youuu~!"

Your dad chuckled at your childishness and walked over to your mom, the two of them exchanging friendly conversation. You pet your (fav animal) plush, thinking about what you should name it. You eventually decided to name it Little Oma.

Chuckling to yourself, you got ready for bed and then snuggled close to Little Oma, falling asleep peacefully. You knew your second day at school would be a bit more entertaining.

~~~
Word count: 1020