Chapter 5: The recovery

Tyler's pov

I was in Evans room, still fazed by the fact that he saved me from me being in that hospital he's in a this very moment.

I look at Evan, still asleep, slow breathing, slow heart rate, and a painfully slow recovery. All I wanted to do was hug Evan the moment he wakes up and thank him a million times for him safeing me.

Tears are still falling down my face. " Why?" Was the only thing I kept repeating in my head. I looked at the floor, I was too ashamed to look at Evan. Till a saw a little movement. " E-Evan?" I managed to say. All I hear him was hum in response. But I didn't hug and start asking him things. I waited till he was fully awake. I saw him shift a few times and move around mostly, he kept doing it for 5 minutes straight. I wonder what he's doing? It was getting me worried. Till I saw him start hugging himself, or so, I thought. I tried shaking him. “Evan?” Again he hummed in response but he didn't open his eyes.

I had the guts to pull down the blanket to see what he's actually doing.  I was wrong about him moving around in his sleep but he was clawing at his chest, as if he was trying to get something,probably because of the pain. Again I’m sorry Evan. “ Evan, come on dude, wake up.” i said quietly. I shook him softly seeing if that would help. I feel like it didn’t because his went from sleeping, to looking like he was in extreme pain. “ EVAN!” I yelled. Becoming more worried than before. It took Evan only a few seconds to respond to my very loud yelling. Evan instantly sat up from his place on the bed, looking like he saw the most terrible thing in the world, he was breathing heavily. I wonder what he was dreaming about to make him wake up panting like a very tired bulldog.  “ Hey Evan, are you ok?” I asked. Evan looked at me. “ Where am I?” he asked clearly confused. “ Your at the hospital you dingus.” “ Why?” he asked quickly. “ You saved me remember? From the firework.” I looking at Evan, hoping he remembered. “ I did? *Gasp* I DID!!!” Evan went and jumped up from his bed. “ Wait, how long was I out?” Evan’s voice went low. I think he was worried thinking that he had missed out on a lot. “ don't worry you were only out for the rest of yesterday and till the afternoon of today.” I said. “ oh thank god, I was hoping that I wasn't passed out for more than 5 days.” Evan said sounding relieved. I watched Evan, he kept standing on the bed, why won’t he sit down? “ Ummm Tyler?” Evan asked. I hummed in response. “ I know this might seem weird, but can you help me down?” I laughed on how he was stuck standing up. “ ok, ok come here, I’ll help you.” Evan comes towards me on the hospital bed. “ careful I’m still wounded you know.” he says making sure I don’t break a bone in his body.

I pick up Evan from the waist and sit him down on his bed. “ thanks, I didn't want to hurt myself trying to sit down.”  I chuckle a little bit, till I realize on what I wanted to ask Evan the most. “ Why?“ I asked sadly. “ Why what? “ Evan asked sounding confused. “ Why did you save me? “ I ask sounding more clear this time about what I was asking. “ Oh…...well...I saved you because you have so much more things valuable than me, besides your my best friend, it was either no one cares, or some came to show you that they cared. “ Evan said with a smile. My heart got hit with  so many feels that I only wanted to hug Evan as tight as I can. But he was still hurt from the firework. I still feel bad that I wasn't paying attention to my own stupidity. “ Evan….* sigh* I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm sorry that I put you in this state, I'm sorry that I hurt you, I'm sorry, so very,very sorry.” I was about to cry again, I couldn't help it this was all my fault. “ It's my fault, I'm sorry, I understand if you hate now and forever till I'm dead.” I was crying out a waterfall at this very moment I just feel so ashamed of myself.

I was waiting for Evan to say something, anything at this point! But the silence was deafening to my ears, just waiting for Evan to say something. I waited. Till I felt something getting closer to my face. “ Tyler…..it's not your fault.” Evans says slowly and in a comforting way. I was about to respond back at him saying that it was till I felt two arms wrapping around me. Evan was hugging me as tight as he can. I didn't hesitate to hug him back the same way. “ I could never hate you, yes, what you were doing was stupid, but that doesn't mean I hate you. You clearly care for me too, if you came to see me till I woke up.” Evan said as he wiped the tears from my face. “ Heh, actually, I stayed here all night and day till you woke up.” I laughed a little bit. “ Even better.” Evan laughed more. “ Anyway did the others leave already?” Evan asked. “ yeah all of them left, except for Anthony he wanted to stay to see you.” “ aww well I think I'm staying here for more than a week huh?” Evan chuckled. “ Yup, your going to stay here for a while, so you better enjoy it.” I say. “ Wait! What about my channel? I need to make videos, don't i?!” i hear Evan say. I laughed a little knowing that Evan has more subscribers than most of every one of us. “ Don't worry, I have a extra set for some sort of situation like this, so you should be fine.” I said. “ Oh thank God, I don't think I want 24 million people on my ass because I didn't make any videos.” Evan says calming down.

I look at Evan as he tries to get up from his place on the bed, he was kinda struggling as he tries to get up. I hold my hand out so he get it and help him down. “ Thanks, again.” I hear him say. “ No problem.” I say back.

I help Evan get everything he needs from the hospital, his clothes, phone, money, etc. While Evan was getting ready to leave, I was waiting outside for him. I saw many doctors nurses walking back and forth, while I was still waiting for Evan to get ready, one doctor came up to me. “ Leaving so soon?” they ask. “ yeah, Evan doesn't want to stay too long in the hospital.” I say back. “ That's ok, just make sure that he keeps those bandages on, he's still in no condition to be rough with, nor to be doing much movement. But I'm sure he's in good hands.” they say smiling. “ You bet he is, i'll make sure to take care of him as soon as he gets better.” I say with a smile as well. “ ok I'm ready!” I hear Evan say. “ That's my cue, I better get going, what's your name?” “ Dr. Grays.” they say giving me their card. “ keep in touch.” “ ok thanks, Dr. Grays. “ I say waving my hand as I walk out of the hospital with Evan.  

Welp I guess Evans staying a while at Tyler's now that he's wounded, see what happens on the next update

~Ňøřå Fåłĺš