||Chapter 5||

NAIRA'S POV

"Divorce granted", the judge declared.

Honestly, I didn't want this to happen. Not even in my worst of dreams. My whole world turned upside down in couple of days. I have always prayed for mine and Kartik's happy ever after. But this is completely opposite.

I looked at Kartik. It was the same guy with whom I fell madly in love for the first time. We loved each other then how come these things creep into our relationship. Wasn't my love enough for him? Was any thing wrong in our love, in our relationship? I gave this relationship, this marriage my hundred percent but all went in vain! I won't be able to see his face from now on. He won't be messing around the house with Kaira. I'll not need to wash his shirts, jeans, his stinky socks. I'll not need to give him his wallet, his handkerchief, when he doesn't find them. I'll not need to remind him to take his medicines on time. That's a huge reduction in my work. But then also, why am I not happy about it?

A lone tear escaped my eye but I tried to hide it because we are still in the court room.

"So as we've talked to Kaira earlier about whom does she want to live with...She said that she wants to live with both of you, so I am granting you her joint custody....According to this, Kaira will be allowed to visit her dad in the weekends....Ms. Naira Singhania will look after her during the weekdays", the judge said putting on his round spectacles.

"And if Kaira has any problem to live with her dad and her step mom or if she complains against them, Ms Naira will be granted full custody of her daughter. I hope it's clear", the judge continued.

I and Kartik nodded.

"The court is dismissed", the judge said at last.

The judge marked his exit from the court room. I got up from my seat and looked at Kartik. Kartik looked back at me. I wanted to ask so many things from him. I wanted answers but  my throat was sore enough to utter any word.

Kartik started walking towards me. Just then,

"Babe", a girl exclaimed.

I turned to look at a girl who was waving at Kartik. She was taller than me, had big breasts, a big ass whose size was very much visible in the tight dress that she was wearing, a small waist. But her facial features weren't good as mine😒😒. Her high heels made her reach Kartik's height(not exactly Kartik's height, she still was a few inches shorter than him).

Kartik looked at her and then at me. He was feeling awkward, I guess. The girl walked towards Kartik and hugged him tight, making my blood boil. I looked at them with narrow eyes.

Naira...you can't be jealous anymore! You have divorced him, remember. You are no more concerned about him.

My conscience reminded me. I let go off my jealousy and continued to look at them.

Kartik released the hug and looked at me.

"Naira....this is Veronica", Kartik introduced her.

Oh! So she is that bitch who destroyed my marriage....

I looked at her from head to toe....

"Hi Naira....nice to meet you", Veronica forwarded her hand for a hand shake.

While, I just fake smiled. Kartik noticed it.

"Veronica....I'll meet you later. I need to drop Naira home plus we need to talk to Kaira", Kartik told her.

"Sure", Veronica replied and walked away as if she was walking on a ramp walk.

Kartik looked at me. I looked back at him.

---------------------------

In the car -

I was looking out of the window.

Today, I ended my marriage forever. My first love failed. I am never going to marry another man in the future. Kartik will be the first and the last man in my life. I wanna hate him for what he has done but I can't prepare myself for hating him. Even though I start hating him, there'll always be a place in my heart that'll belong to him. You ask why? It's very difficult to forget first love. I won't be able to hate him completely, because he is the father of my daughter. He gave me the biggest gift of my life, my daughter Kaira.

I didn't divorce him because he'll always be immortal in my heart, no matter how hard I try to forget him. I have just given him his freedom back. I have given him permission to live the way he wants.

I look at Kartik. His expression is showing no expression at all. It seems he is unaffected by all this because he has got his freedom.

Now those perfect and beautiful days of the past are my only support that'll keep me alive. The primary support being my daughter.

KARTIK'S POV

I looked at Naira. The same girl with whom I fell in love with. I spent eleven years of my life with her. Happy or sad, she was there beside me at all times. I don't know what came into me, but I started liking Veronica. I guess, I started feeling less for Naira. The relationship between us isn't the same. She didn't have enough time for me. I know many changes occur once you go through parenthood. People don't have time for themselves only but Naira didn't spend time with me even when she was free. She either used to read a book or used design Kaira's bedroom. She didn't spend time with me. I guess, I couldn't give her the love she deserved. Well....brush off those thoughts. I'll have to concentrate on my marriage with Veronica. I'll never give it the fate of this marriage.  But if at all I have Veronica, I'll never forget Naira. You ask why? She is the mother of my daughter. She has given the biggest gift of my life, Kaira.

I look at Naira. She was gazing out of the car window.

I wish we could've understood each other better....

-------------------------------

KAIRA'S POV

I was sitting on the sofa and looking at our family picture.

Is this photo needed any longer? I was just asking because now my family is broken so now this photo is not needed I feel.

Harsh, isn't it?

What else will you accept from a kid whose parents got separated or should I say "divorced" just a few hours ago? So today, my parents have ended their marriage for good. They aren't husband and wife any longer and I can't do anything about it, I don't have any opinion because I'm just a kid! A kid can't change anything, right? I really don't know why parents take all these stupid decisions alone. They don't ask for our opinion. They take all these decisions in anger and regret later. We are taken for granted because we are kids and it is us, who suffer the most. I hurts a lot to see your parents end their relationship. But I can't do anything now, because all has been already done. I can't save my parents marriage. I can't get why mom agreed for the divorce. She still loves dad. She decided all this in anger and depression. But I can't do anything because the damage has been done! I can't live without my mom and dad. I even can't live with only one of them. I want both of my parents to be with me.

I heard the door opening. Mom and dad entered inside. I got down the sofa and walked towards them. Mom and dad bent  down to reach my height.

"What did the judge say?", I asked them waiting for their reply.

Dad sighed.

"You'll live with your mom during the weekdays and visit me during the weekends", dad said.

Mom looked at me. She had tears in her eyes. I couldn't take it anymore. I gave in and hugged mom and dad. The hug was a long one. It had to be a long one because it was our LAST FAMILY HUG!!