̶e̶̶i̶̶g̶̶h̶̶t̶̶y̶̶-̶̶o̶̶n̶̶e̶ ̶(̶̶n̶̶)̶

- narration

The coffee shop wasn't that far. Jaehyun was able to make it 15 minutes earlier than their time that they agreed to meet. There were only few people when he came in the cafe. Jaehyun ordered two white chocolate mocha, Joy's favorite drink. Ever since they met, this is the only drink that Joy orders. He would suggest other drinks but she will still end up ordering her favorite.

Minutes passed, Joy came in the shop. She was looking for Jaehyun-there! She saw him sitting on the chair that they always used to sit on when they were still in high school. Joy stood there, thinking, 'Does he still remember our favorite spot or it's only a coincidence?'.

Jaehyun felt that someone was staring at him so he looked around the cafe. He waved his right hand to caught Joy's attention when he saw her.

Joy realized that she was standing for so long so she went where Jaehyun is sitting. She sat in front of him that made Jaehyun nervous. It's been a while since they last talked. Ever since that day, Joy didn't respond to any of Jaehyun's messages.

"How are you?" Jaehyun started, which she took few seconds to answer.

"I'm doing good. How about you?"

"I'm good." He answered.

"I'll get straight to the point." Joy said that made Jaehyun look at her.

"What happened..."

"What happened to us?" She looked at him directly in his eyes.

"We were doing great but suddenly you changed. Where did I go wrong? Am I not enough?"

"No, Joy--"

"Then why? Why is it so easy for you to hurt me?" Joy held back her tears.

"It was my mistake. It's my fault for doing it while I'm in a relationship. But I swear, it doesn't mean anything to me." He explained.

"But you still did it."

"I'm sorry." Jaehyun said.

"I won't say that it's okay because it will never be..."

"But I forgive you for what you did." She added.

Jaehyun was about to say something when Joy's phone rang. She quickly turned off her phone, hoping that Jaehyun didn't see who called. Her phone was on the top of table so he clearly saw who called on her phone.

"That's why you wanted to meet me." He smiled bitterly.

"I know that I already said that we're over through message, but saying it in person is different right?"

"We've been together for years, and I never thought that our relationship will come to an end. I forgive you for what you did because I already accepted what happened."

"It still hurts but I want to be happy again." Joy said.

For Jaehyun, seeing Joy being like this hurts him. He came back to Seoul thinking on what he's going to say to her when they meet, but he can't even barely talk when he's already in front of her. All those words he prepared were all gone.

Joy's message to him yesterday gave his hopes up. He thought she will give him a chance but seeing her condition made him realize something.

"Does he love you?" Jaehyun asked.

"Huh?"

"Does Lucas love you?"

"Yes." Joy responded to his question.

"Are you happy with him?"

"Yes."

"Do you love him?" He asked while looking at her this time.

"I can learn to love him..."

"Then I wish you two to be happy." Jaehyun faked a smile.

×××

this story will be looong so i hope you will understand that 🤧