Chapter 1

A/N: so, this is actually a story I wrote for English class. I just finished today and I'm sorry if it's a bit short. But I hope you enjoy!
*****************************

My name is Alice Marinette. I am one of the 702 people that survived the Titanic and I thought it would be good if I shared my story.

I was 18 years old and staying in england with my family. We weren't a very big family, consisting of 2 sisters, 1 brother, and mother and father. It was small but happy and calm. We never kept pets for my mother was allergic and we would always be traveling somewhere or out taking care of things.

While I was sitting in a chair reading a book to my younger sister Lena, my father came into the house with a huge grin on his face. "Look at this!" he says, walking to mother and handing her a paper.

I watch silently as my mother scans the paper with her piercing blue eyes and a small smile starts to form on her lips. She looks over at me and starts towards me with the paper to her chest. I stand up and smooth out my blue dress before looking at her and smiling. "What is it mother? What made father so happy?" I tilt my head curiously as I wait for mother to explain what was going on. Mother then hands me the paper and I see that it's an advertisement. I frown slightly and let my eyes scan the advertisement carefully. As I do, I see that it's about a ship called the Titanic.

My father walks up to us and puts an arm around my mom's waist as his bright green eyes are directed towards me. "They say it's the biggest and most luxurious ship in the world."

I look at the advertisement again with a new interest. "It's going to New York" I say with excitement as I hand the advertisement back to mother. My father looks at my mother with a twinkle in his eyes, "we should start packing our bags if we want to go." Lena gets up from her place on the chair and left to get our other siblings Cassy, who was in her bedroom reading, and Shawn, who was sleeping.

I look to my father and speak politely, "Father, how are we going to get the tickets?" My blue eyes sparkle with obvious curiosity as father moves his arm from around my mom's waist and strides over to my younger brother Shawn, who had just walked out. I watch as he picks him up and then turn to me. "The ticket place is only a few miles away. We'll take the car over there, buy our tickets, and see when the ship is sailing after we pack all of our bags."

Cassy comes out right after he finishes speaking and raises a perfect eyebrow. "We're going to New York?" She asked with interest. Father nods in reply and walks to his and mother's room, disappearing inside. I look to Cassy and walk over to her gracefully. "Are you not excited dear sister?" Cassy lifts her chin up and waves her hand dismissively. "It is not that at all. It is merely the fact that I don't feel like going through my dressers to find suitable dresses for the trip." She then turns away and walks back to her bedroom, calling out to her maid to help her with packing.

I shake my head slowly and walk to Lena's room. As i walk in, I see her already having her personal maid packing her dresses and shoes for the trip. I smile softly and call for my maid to help me pack and start looking through clothes.

~~~

"That will be $900 for you and your family sir." The ticket master smiled and handed father 6 tickets after he paid the money he owed. I smile and walk behind mother who was beside father, arms linked together. "The ship sails tomorrow so we are going to spend the night at an inn and leave early in the morning so we are here on time." As we walk, I look around and watch all the people around me scurry around. Some trying to buy tickets and others just enjoying the day. As we stop at the entrance to the inn, father turns around and smiles "tomorrow is going to be a big day. So make sure to get lots of sleep and ready by 7:00 sharp."