My first kiss: a Newt and Thomas one shot

-Newt's POV-

"Newt!" I heard Minho yell.

"What?" I asked quietly.

"It's your turn, the homestead is leaking when it rains." He answered sassily.

"I can't do that by myself, shuckface!"

"Then choose a partner that hasn't gone yet!!" Minho said in an irritatingly mocking tone.

I weighed my choices. Either Teresa, who wouldn't do any work, Gally, who would push me around and tell me how to do everything, or Thomas, who- wait... I can't think of anything wrong with him...

"Thomas... Would you wanna help me fix the roof?" I asked him.

"Sure, just a sec." then he turned to Teresa. "I'm sorry, T, I just don't like you like that. I gotta go..." He whispered. I barely heard him, I'm not even sure if that's exactly what he said.

"What's going on with Teresa?" I asked casually.

"Nothing really, she just has a crush on me."

"Oh..."

"Well, lets get to work, you pull the roof down, I'll get more cord." Thomas said.

I nodded and yanked the edge of the roof, it budged a little. I yanked again and again, but it barely moved. I jumped up and held my self there like a kid on the monkey bars. I heard a chuckle from behind me, and I jumped, almost letting go of the corner of the roof.

"You need help?" I heard Thomas say.

"Yeah, I just need to get on top of the roof and cut the old cords so it will be easier to pull off." I said, letting go and landing not-so-smoothly on my feet.

Thomas pursed his lips and thought for a moment. "Okay. C'mere" he said. "What? Why?" I asked, obviously confused.

"I'm gonna lift you up there, your skinny, I can pull it off."

"Okay... Fine... But if you drop me..."

"I'm not gonna drop your boney ass, now get over here!" Thomas said, a smile on him face. I hesitantly walked over to him, I wasn't worried that he was gonna drop me, I was worried about him touching me... I'm a very shy person and I'm not too fond of physical contact.

I felt his large hands wrap almost all the way around my waist as he lifted me up. Once I was high enough to grab the edge of the roof, he let me go and I crawled to the other side, pulled my knife from the waistband of my jeans, and cut the cords, I then did the same to the other side. I could feel the roof drooping from my weight. I quickly crawled to the other side.

"Hey Tommy! Help me down."

"Okay!" He said, reaching his hands up. I slid closer to him and I felt my tank top slid up, exposing a strip of skin between my shirt and my jeans. When Thomas grabbed me to pull me down, I felt his warm hands against my cold, bare torso. I must have been bright red.

"Thanks Tommy..." I said, looking away from him. I then grabbed the loose corner of the roof and yanked it down.

"Let's lay it out flat and see what needs to be fixed." Thomas said. I nodded and we rolled it out. I examined it and we found a few spots that came unraveled. I re- tightened the leather that came loose and fastened it in place with a piece of cord. Thomas was replacing a torn chunk of leather with a new one. We then rolled the roof back up and Thomas looked at me and said "you're gonna have to sit on my shoulders to put it back up since there's nothing on the roof to support you."

"Okay..." I said. Then I was hoisted onto Tommy's shoulders. He walked to the first side. I fastened a cord around both corners and around the middle, the second side, a cord went around the middle and all the way across to the other side, the same on the other half of the roof.