•• CHAPTER FIVE ••

•• CHAPTER FIVE ••

Carter sobbed hysterically as she replayed what had just happened over and over in her head. She could hear Shawn's voice repeatedly saying that he got someone else pregnant and each time she heard it, it broke her heart even more. How could he have slept with someone else after the magical night they shared together? She gave everything to Shawn, and she wouldn't dare admit it, but she was still in love with him. Carter pulled into the driveway of her Mother's home and quickly got out of her car and jogged inside the house. Carter's Mother, Theresa, looked up at the door and smiled when she saw Carter, but her smile faded away when she noticed that Carter was crying. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" Theresa asked worriedly as she walked quickly over to her daughter.

  "Did you know that he was back?" Carter demanded angrily as more tears escaped from her eyes and Theresa shook her head in confusion, but she then realized who Carter was talking about.

  "Yes, I did," She admitted, and Carter stepped away from her Mother and headed into the kitchen. "His Mom told me that he was in town with Molly, but she never mentioned that he was going to stop by and see you." Carter froze in her steps at the mention of Molly's name and she turned around to look at her Mother in disbelief.

  "He brought... her here?" Carter was furious at the thought of some random woman laying in Shawn's bed, the very same bed where they used to have sleepovers together and a many of their childhood memories stemmed from his bedroom.

  "Carter, sweetheart, it's going to be okay-"

  "No Mom! It's not okay! He hurt me, the one man I thought would never hurt me actually did. It's my fault for believing that he wouldn't, but he did. I was naive and thought Shawn was the most perfect man in the entire world!" She screamed as more tears fell from her eyes and Carter felt the need to hit something. "I gave him everything Mom! I gave him my heart, my trust, my virginity!" She sobbed as she collapsed onto a chair. Theresa stared at Carter with worry and slowly approached her. Theresa knew for years how Carter felt about Shawn, but she would have never guessed that Shawn would hurt her the way he has.

  "Oh baby, I'm so sorry." Theresa whispered as she knelt down in front of her daughter and gently held her hand.

  "I wanted to marry him, Mom. Why did he have to leave me and get another woman pregnant?" Carter croaked out as she stared at her Mother and Theresa sighed as she shook her head.

  "Honey, men are terrible people. They do the dumbest things and don't think before they do them. Shawn threw away the best thing he could ever have in his life," Theresa wiped away her daughter's tear and tucked a piece of her brown hair behind her ear. "You deserve to be happy, whether that's with or without Shawn. I will not allow you to be miserable for the rest of your life over a boy who was too scared to admit his feelings for you. There will be another man who will come and sweep you off of your feet and will take all this pain away. But, for right now, you should figure out how to be happy on your own because you do not need a man to make you happy." Theresa said sternly and Carter nodded her head as she took in a ragged breath and gave her Mother a small smile.

Shawn fisted the back of his hair angrily as he watched Carter's car drive out of the parking lot and he smacked his hand against his car. He didn't know what to do anymore. Shawn was in love with Carter and wanted nothing more than to be with her, but he couldn't. He had to marry Molly, whether he wanted to or not. Shawn started dating Molly a couple of weeks after moving to New York, but after a couple of dates he realized he didn't want to be with any other woman than Carter. He was planning to break up with Molly, but was bombarded a few days ago, when Molly came to his apartment with her parent's and dropped the bomb that she was pregnant with his child. Another surprise she dropped on him, was that her Father was his boss and if Shawn wanted to keep his job then he would have to marry Molly.

Shawn drove back to his parent's house and hated the fact that Molly was in his childhood room instead of Carter. He slowly climbed out of his car and walked into his parent's home, but stopped when he saw Molly waiting for him in the living room clearly upset. "Hi..." Shawn trailed off warily and Molly slowly stood up from the couch then made her way towards him.

  "You were with her, weren't you." It wasn't a question, Shawn sighed as he rubbed his eyes tiredly as he nodded his head.

  "Yes, I went to visit her at her job-" Shawn was cut off by Molly slapping him and he looked at her in complete disbelief. "What the Hell was that for?" He demanded.

  "You visited your ex who I know you're still in love with, did you forget that you're marrying me and not her? Or did you forget that if I end this marriage, your career ends as well?" She stated as she folded her arms tightly against her chest and Shawn stared at her with so much hatred in his eyes. He clenched his hands tightly against his sides as he fought his urge to tell her to fuck off, but he needed that job because if her Father fired him, he would never get another good job in computer programming again.

  "I'm sorry." He said between clenched teeth and Molly smirked up at him.

  "I don't want you seeing her anymore," Shawn felt his heart stop at her words and he began to argue with her, but Molly held up her hand to dismiss him. "She can come to the wedding and dinner rehearsal, but other than that you will never hear or speak to her again. Understand?" Molly wrapped her arms around Shawn's neck and Shawn wanted nothing more than to push her off of him, but for the sake of his child and his job, he nodded his head and felt his heart break even more.

[[ AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hi everyone! God, I really hate Molly and how evil she is! Let me know how you guys are liking this story so far and leave me some comments about how you feel about this chapter! Also, how would you all feel if I started to post on a schedule and what days would like this story to be updated? I know Shawn feels terrible about what he did to Carter, but he was just scared of what was happening between them. Thank you for taking the time to read my story and I hope you have a great day! Love you all! - Ariel ]]