Chapter 8: Nando's

“HARRY!!!” I shrieked, as I barged into the lounge. Too late. It looked as if Harry had already told them.

               Liam was the first one to scold me. “Jenn, I thought that you agreed to just be friends with Zayn. Yes, we’re happy that you like him, but as his mates, we don’t want him to be played with. First you say that you want to be friends, and then you kiss him. We understand that you might be a player –“

               “NO! You don’t understand! I am not a player!” I shouted back at him, nearly in tears. Every word that he said stabbed me in the back like I was some Voodoo doll.

               “Jenn –“ started Louis.

               “Look, I’m sorry if I caused you trouble. If you don’t want me to be here anymore, you could’ve just said so,” I whimpered, tears streaming down my face. I turned around, walked limply back into Zayn’s room and shut the door, flopping down onto the bed headfirst.

               Great. I’d barely known One Direction, the band of my dreams, for a day and they already hate me. And now I’d be leaving their hotel to go live on the streets because I have nowhere else to go. My life is just peachy.

               Click. I heard the door of the bedroom open, but I didn’t bother to look at who was coming in.

               “Jennifer, I’m sorry about this,” went the sweet voice of Zayn.

               “Go away, I know you don’t want me to be here,” I mumbled into the covers.

               “’Course I do. Everyone does,” he whispered back, gently rubbing my back. I hadn’t noticed that I was shaking from the tears that had escaped my eyes.

               “Prove it,” I croaked, finally flipping around.

               “I…”

               “Thought so,” I said hoarsely as I got up and went over to my suitcase to begin packing. Again.

               “Jenn –“

               “No more,” I snapped and walked over to the washroom to retrieve my toiletries.

               “I told them that it wasn’t your fault and that I kissed you first and I’m so sorry for ever hurting you you definitely don’t deserve it,” he blurted out in one breath.

               I froze on the spot. “W-what?” I spluttered.

               He sighed and responded, “Yes, that’s what I told them. And now they’re angry at me for being a player and not listening to you. I’m really, really sorry.”

               “No, I’m sorry for making your mates turn against you. See, this is what happens when I’m around. I really should be leaving,” I said, turning to face my suitcase.

               “Please don’t leave,” croaked Zayn, gently grabbing my arm, “I-I really like your company, and I wouldn’t bear it if you leave.”

               “Fine,” I gave in, “But I’m apologizing in advance if I ever cause you any more trouble.”

               He grinned and led me out of the room, once again to greet the boys.

               “I’m sorry for doubting you, Jenn,” apologized Liam.

               “No problem,” I answered, smiling weakly.