maybe

I smile on my way to the company, lunch bag in hand.

Last night, I decided to repay Taehyung's act of kindess by cooking breakfast for him. Black coffee and omelettes and all.

It has been a week since that surprise dinner and I can't stop thinking about how I could get back to him. Fortunately, I wasn't that busy yesterday so I had time to buy ingredients.

Once I reach their department, I look around for a certain brown-haired man. I find him in his cubicle, head on his arms as if he is sleeping.

"Good morning!" I greeted with a smile.

I must have startled him for he jumps in his seat, frantically looking around. I laugh and his eyes land on me.

"Chaeyoung? You're here early."

"Have you eaten yet?"

He gives me a confused look and shakes his head no.

I place the bag and cup of coffee on his table. "Here. This is for last week."

He still looks lost for a second and then his eyes light up in glee. I give myself a virtual pat on the back.

"Thank you," He looks up to me, a smile on his face. He looks so beautiful.

"I swear you should stop eating cafeteria food for breakfast," I say, mentally shaking my head. Where do those thoughts come from?

"I will if you continue doing this," He replies.

I scoff but can't help smiling anyway. "Yeah, right. I'm leaving now."

He hums in reply, happily chewing his food. I start to the door but am sidetracked when a smirking Jimin appears.

"Making breakfast for friends now?"

I avoid his knowing gaze, suddenly shy. "Shut up. I'm just returning a favor."

"Then will you cook me breakfast, too?" He smiles at me, acting cute.

Smirking, I reply. "Sure. If you treat me to Starbucks for a week."

His face falls and his face forms a frown. "If I didn't know better, I'd think you're just doing this because you like Taehyung more than me," He pouts.

"Hmm," I step forward and tap his cheeks. "Maybe."

"Hey!"

And then I am already in the elevator.