CH. 12

CH. 12 (Emmett)

The rest of the week was almost like a war zone, the lines were drawn, were you team Bella or Team Emmett.

Tension filled the house, and instead of Red coming over to hang out like she would normally do, some of the girls went over to her place.

As much as i wanted to go over with them i knew she needed her "girl" time.

"Ok" Carlisle said walking into the room. "Family meeting, Now."

Nessie ran out of the house to go and tell her Mom and Jake.

Soon everyone was sitting around Esme's large dining room table.

"Alright, everybody. This thing that is going on needs to stop." Carlisle said calmly. "I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and today we are going to discuss and resolve any and all issues. Now, someone explain this entire fiasco so that we can move on from this."

I sat quietly, i knew it wasn't right to talk since my side of things was a little one sided.

Thankfully Alice stood up and spoke.

"Well as we all know, Rosalie left Emmett, and two years later he has finally moved on from the heartbreak and found an amazing soulmate in Elle, he loves her and i've already seen her future, but as i've promised Emmett, i will not reveal anything to anyone unless i see it brings her harm. Now our current conundrum is that Bella doesn't like Elle or is trying to not like her because she still feels strongly toward her friendship with Rose." Alice said and then took her seat next to Jasper.

The room was quiet while Carlisle took in this new information. Finally he spoke. "Alright Bella, i would like to hear how you feel and your thoughts." He said to her.

Bella stayed seated and fiddled with her hands. She kept her eyes glued to her hands as she spoke. "It's like Alice said, i don't want to like Elleen because i still like Rose and she, to me is still family. I think that in time she will come back and then all of this will be useless because we all know Emmett will take her back in a heart beat."

My fists were clinched.

'How could she say these things?' I wondered to myself.

"Bella, are you aware that Emmett went to Italy to see Rosalie?" Carlisle asked gently.

Bella looked up, shocked at his words. "Of course i am?" She said in a questioning manner.

"SO then you also know that he went to see if she was happy with her new life, Emmett found out that Rosalie is in fact no longer the Rose we all loved and remember. No my once daughter is now Princess Rosalie of the Volturi guard, WIFE of Prince Blake. She has given herself entirely to the Volturi and has abandoned anything i have ever taught her." Carlisle said, never once raising his voice but his unhappiness showing through.

Bella clamped her mouth shut and jutted her jaw out. She was upset. "That is her choice." She said coldly.

I could see Edward looking sad, he was saddened that Bella couldn't be reasoned with.

"Then don't you think Emmett also has the choice to move on and be happy once more?" Carlisle tried to reason.

"I suppose so." Bella snapped, crossing her arms over he chest. She wasn't used to being challenged and wasn't a fan of being wrong.

Then he turned to me.

"Emmett, are you sure this is the girl you want for the rest of Eternity?" Carlisle asked.

"Without a doubt." I answered with a smile.

He nodded his head knowingly.

Then my smile faltered a bit because i knew what was coming next.