Chapter 2: Her Story

Lola = Grandma in Filipino

Lolo = Grandpa in Filipino

Italic = Thoughts

(Y/n) = Your name

(F/c) = Favorite color

3rd Person POV

(Y/n) was born with the powers of mind control & reading minds. This is possible because she was born into a line of people who have special abilities. She gets these abilities or powers on her mom's side, it's been going on for generation after generation. (y/n)'s grandma or Lola immigrated to California after being hunted for being a "witch". As being an islander, she had to adapt to the city with her husband. Lola has the power to sense things before it happens & heals people physically in a matter of minutes. Her daughter, Dorothy and (y/n)'s mom, has the power of gravity and flying. Marissa, (y/n)'s little sister, has the power to learn any language in seconds once she hears it, so that means she can talk to animals. And Imori, (y/n)'s cousin in Boston, has the powers of a literal ghost meaning she can go in and out of dimensions and gathers energy.

Over the past year, Lola has been training (y/n) in controlling her powers. (Y/n) learned how to access other people's memories, erase memories, and occasionally has visions in her sleep of the future. She'll usually say vocabulary used in the future although the current year for her at this time is 2012, before Loki's attack on New York.

(Y/n) sees her dad over the weekends because her parents divorced when (y/n) was a little girl. She had used her powers for the first time when she read her dad's mind during an argument with her mom. She had read the saddest thing, how little he cared for the woman in front of him & how he no longer loved her.

After the divorce Lola offered them to live at her place with their grandpa, Lolo. For the past 8 years , they've lived there and made a new life. Peaceful & calm, until the man with raven hair appeared and the family felt a dark spirit upon them.

Marissa's POV

I was sitting on the bench in the shade when I heard screams from students. I scanned the yard for my sister. I found her, she looked like she came out of this man's memories, then she tripped. I immediately ran towards (y/n) when the man came closer to her. "(Y/N)!!" I shouted. Then I saw her fall unconscious. I ran as fast as I could to the man, before I knew it I had tackled him making both of us fall onto the ground. I quickly got on my feet. "What did you do to her?!" I yelled while standing above him. "Nothing you pathetic quim. She just had seen my past." the man said making a face of disgust. I looked up and down at him, observing his medieval armor thing.

"Excuse me? What did you call m-" I was cut off, by my mom landing onto the floor. "Hey Marissa. Lola called me 10 minutes ago saying (y/n) was in troub-" she then noticed (y/n) on the floor unconscious and then the man next to Marissa on the floor. "Uh, Rudolph, what did you do to my daughter?" mom said while going to (y/n). She lifted (y/n) by using force underneath her so she's floating off the ground. "He said he didn't do anything, she read his mind though. She wasn't hurt but I think she fell unconscious because of her anxiety attack caused by stress most likely." I said "let's go, so Lola can help (y/n)." I finished. "Wait Marissa, we need to know who he is. Hey Rudolph! You're coming with us." mom yelled while floating off the ground. The man just rolled his eyes but had a somewhat worried expression on his face. "Marissa take him home with us. Oh, and also get (y/n)'s stuff and homework or else she'll have another attack." "Fiiineeee" I whined.

•2 Hours Later•

Your POV

I woke up to sound of sniffles next to me. I slowly turned my head to the chair next to my bed. Is that Loki? IT IS! why is he looking at my yearbook? Then he laughed silently to himself looking at a photo of me and my friends. I slowly sat up. The door opened. "(Y/n) you need more rest. Sleep." Lola said walking in with a wet washcloth.

Loki stood up immediately and rushed out the door while putting the yearbook onto my bed as he passed by. "Why is he here?" I asked. "We need to know why he came. What happened?" She asked with a concerned and worried look. I looked at the door while it closed and looked back at Lola. "He teleported right behind me with a green flash. I turned around and I...I saw a memory of his. He isn't from here but he needs help." "Do you know his name?" she questioned. "His name is Loki. That's all I know." I said as she placed the washcloth on my forehead.

I started to get out of bed. "Where are you going?" Lola asked. "To make some tea? Do you want some?" I said walking towards the door. "No thank you." she said before exiting my room behind me and closing the door. I walked across the hall to the kitchen. I put the washcloth on the counter and thought about what tea I should have. I felt like eyes were following my every move, from getting the kettle and boiling water to grabbing my (f/c) mug in the cabinet. I turned around to Loki staring at me from the little table in the kitchen area. "What? Is my hair a mess or something?" I asked. "No darling." he replied. I nodded and turned around to the kettle that was whistling. I put the Peppermint tea bag in the mug and poured the water. I went to get the sugar but Loki had appeared in front of me and blocked my way. "Do you need something, mortal?" Loki asked. "Yes I do, Loki." I replied. He moved with a surprised face and I got the sugar, and poured it into the steaming tea. I grabbed a spoon and mixed the sugar and tea. I grabbed the mug and went to the dining room.

He followed me right at my heels of my feet. I placed the mug on the table and pulled out the chair so I could sit down. My homework, pencil case, and books were on the other side of the table so I slid them to where I was sitting. Loki sat down on the chair that was right across from me. I opened my folder, took out my math worksheet, took out my pencil, opened my math book, and started working. The first 15 minutes were of awkward silence and me sipping on my tea until Loki placed his hand on my worksheet. "Could you please move your hand?" I asked annoyed. "The subject you're working on is worthless. You need to practice on your abilities." he said. I looked up at him, almost meeting his eyes until Danielle walked into the room. "Hey (y/n). Is Slim Jim bothering you?" she asked walking towards you. "You know his shadiest guy I've ever met." Marissa said while walking into the room. Loki pulled back his hand. My face lit up. "No, Slim Shady isn't bothering me." I replied. The three of us laughed so hard while Loki gave us a death glare while making a confused face.

(1269 Words)