~Nov 4

Miryanna awoke slowly to a pounding head. She was lying in something rather hard and her surroundings were unfamiliar. The last things she remembered was... Andarin and the dark one in the alley! She sat up, only to lie back down when her head started pounding painfully again.

"Miry?" It was Andarin's voice.

"Andarin!" She exclaimed, "Where am I? Where's father? What happened?"

He held up his hands to slow her down, "Calm down, let me explain. Last night you overheard me and another agent of Ergli talking. Roric, the other agent, is distrustful of pretty much anyone outside this group so he insisted on kidnapping you lest you speak of what you heard." Was his explanation.

Again, roric please take a chill pill

She frowned. "I'm still confused. What is this 'Ergli' as you call it?"

as much as it pains me to say this.. i don't know

Andarin sighed, "If I tell you, there's pretty much no way you'll ever be able to go back home." he said gravely. "The people that run this don't really trust outsiders. It's a wonder they even let me be a part of it."

it kinda is

Against her will tears formed in her eyes and threatened to spill over. She stubbornly brushed them away. "So, since I don't know about what you do, can I go home?" She asked with a slight quaver in her voice.

Another voice, the low voice she'd heard last night, came from the back of the room where the door was, "That depends on whether or not you swear to never reveal anything that you've seen, and whether or not the leaders decided to be gracious and let you go. Tears again threatened, and where it not for the entrance of yet another person, Miryanna was sure she would have broken down right in front of them .

RORIC I LOVE YOU B UT

"Oh , now child, what's the matter?" A female voice came from the doorway. It was a woman who looked to be in her early thirties, with blond hair, blue eyes, and peasant garb.

"Wis, this is none of your concern." Roric dismissed her

wis doesn't need that from u roric

also i need to change her age. when i wrote this i though early thirties was a matronly age and yeah it could be, but also.. early thirties? really?

The woman called Wis glared defiantly back up at the tall man. "Now, Roric, how can you be like that. You've kidnapped her, ain't that right? She been stolen from her home and now she has little hope that she can return. Now what's that suppose to do to a person?" It was rhetorical question and she didn't give Roric a chance to answer. She swooped down on Miryannna like a hen over her chicks. "Now, child, what's your name?"

and now we establish the sweet, stable, maternal character. you know she's a peasant because she uses words like "ain't" and take the g off of words that end with a ng

"My name's Miryanna, but everyone just calls me Miry." Was her soft spoken response.

not everyone

Wis smiled. "That's a lovely name, Miry. As you've heard, my name is Wis. I'm also a part of the band of scallywags," here she glanced back at Roric, "that make up this little group of misfits we call Ergli. And I take it you're a friend of Andarin?"

Miryanna nodded, "Yes,"

"Aright, now. How exactly did you come to be here?" Wis asked.

Miryanna found it very easy to talk to this older woman, so she began in her short little story of how she eavesdropped in a conversation not meant for her ears. At the end of it, Wis turned an indignant look at Roric. "You didn't have to kidnap her, you know. You could have just made her swear to never speak of what she heard and disappear into the night.