Plans

Prince Wilhelm glared at the book he had been reading. There was noreal knowing what made a Maker. Was it in the blood? In the soul? Inthe mind? Or was it just something that happened at random? Though itwas so rare for a Maker to be born to the same family twice stilleverytime one showed up all families in power clamored for them.

Which is why Wilhelm was currently engaged to Opal.

He didn't want to but would have his share of mistresses, he hadpurposefully moved his room to another place in the castle wherethere would be three empty rooms right across the hall where he wouldhouse a mistress or two, maybe three if the other two bored him for awhile.

But by the saints was she clingy. Opal didn't fear that he would finda new person, she was so taken with her ability. A Maker of anyability was so rare, they had never thought that there could be twoin the same generation, much less so close to age of each other. Ifthere was but a five year age gap between the two Wilhelm would besurprised.

But this failed assassin, she was so powerful that she made Opal looklike a child. An infant. She couldn't make bread any less then fortyfive minutes. Nearly an hour if she was getting annoyed being a 'showpony' she would take up to, even longer then, an hour. Not mereseconds.

How much power did this woman have?

He shuddered at the thought of all the damage she could do to him. Tothe entire kingdom. Many still viewed Makers as chosen ones from theold gods. Saints in their own right. The more powerful, the morerighteous. And was she powerful. The last one that was as powerful asthis assassin was, if she was able to do what he would think shecould making bread so fast, was over a hundred years ago, the thingthat made the Iron Kingdom from a simple mining and blacksmithkingdom to the strong war like kingdom it now was, able to hold itsown. It was why his own kingdom was a amalgamation of seven insteadof just one. To keep strong and safe from the Iron Kingdom. Becausethe Maker back then wanted the simple miller's daughter. Elevatingherself and her lover to royalty in everything but name. If thestories were to be believed as few stories came from the Iron Kingdomanymore and the story had taken place so long ago.

If it got out a Maker had attempted to kill him...plenty would beready to take up the mantel. Never underestimate the pagan beliefs.He couldn't even trust his own knights if it had gotten out. But heknew news between the knights spread fast, and with two of them...hecould only hope that none of the knights felt close to the traditionsand beliefs of the country side and small towns no longer heldanything to them, but the fact remained that he couldn't trust thatwith so many knights that not at least a few did still believe andworship the old gods even if in conjunction with the church.

So what should he do? If he were to just kill her give her no trial,no warning maybe he could nip it in the bud, claim that she was not aMaker before the story spread too far. Giving her a trial...it wastoo risky. To show her to be a Maker would have plenty wanting her.

Especially with how powerful she was. More powerful then Opal. A oneup on the royal family. His family. He couldn't pretend that he wouldbe okay with them having a more powerful Maker, a would-be assassinor not. Plus the last he needed was a revolt.

But...maybe, just maybe he could turn this around in his favor. If hewere to get to her, find out who else wanted him dead, what they hadplanned. That all was the plan from the start but maybe if he didmore he could turn her.

Make her want to pledge herself to care for and further theirinterest.

Perhaps they could even get their handle on the Iron Kingdom.

He nearly salivated at the idea. Such a powerful Maker...if he couldimpregnate her with impressive stock, offering the child's hand inmarriage to the Iron Kingdom would happen. She could be the key tohis grandchildren being the ruler of the Eight Kingdoms, not theseven. Maybe even more. The entirety could be theirs.

He would be all but worshiped, or would be worshiped. Surely thatwould be enough to be considered a saint.

First he had to convince her that she was safe, get her to understandthat she would not be harmed, and pulled to him and want to giveherself over to the royal family. She'd be not just a mistress, but aconcubine. One who he could impregnate enough to have both a son anddaughter so that when the children were grown they could be offeredto either a prince or princess. Of course that would take a while andbe a huge pain as there is no way that anyone would be forced in thatsituation. So he would have to convince her fully, if she was alreadyin love that would be a bigger pain, but then again no love lastsforever so he'll just have to wait a bit longer.

He shook his head as her face flashed through his mind. The glare shehad given him made him think of glacier green. He never would thinkof green as ice, it had always been the color of spring, of birth.Not ice, not death, but she was. Her eyes were so cold but her hairwas so fiery.

How would he do this? What would he do about Opal? She didn't know ofthe other Maker yet but he had dealt with her for long enough to knowthe fit she would throw. Hell if he could get her to do as he wantedshe'd be much better wife then Opal ever would be.

So much to deal with, this would be horrible headache waiting tohappen. But it was almost fool proof, he could keep her locked up, hewould be her only human interaction. He'd bring her meals to her,continuing to see and study her abilities, talk to her, spend timewith her.

He'd make her need him.

Then she would be his, and he would have it all, all he could everwant. He would have all but the keys to the Iron Kingdom, the loyaltyand all but worship of his kingdom, unimaginable power because reallywho knows how far her powers could go, and really she was pretty easyon the eyes. Silky pale creamy skin, the slightest smattering offreckles across her face-which though seen as a flaw Wilhelm hadalways liked. He thought they pulled his eyes along lovely features,even men he could smile at the invisible patterns. They were so lightthat if he hadn't looked upon her as they danced he wouldn't haveseen them, and despite how cold her eyes were they were an impressivegreen-like the loveliest emerald-and the fiery red hair that he hadloved even as a boy. So really what was there to lose? He had all thetime in the world, and as long as they saw she was being treated welleven the most ardent of the old ways would wait to go in for thekill.

There was only one thing that was bothering him.

Why did she have to look so much like Emma?

I hope you alllike this chapter. I enjoyed showing some parts of Wilhelm, and whohe is.