Chapter 1

No one's P.O.V.

At the Konoha tech center, everyone was running a tight schedule, especially Naruto, who's been asked by the manager to take care of the 'end of the year's paperwork, given it's almost a new year. Every year, it's the same. No one finishes what they need through out the year, until the last second, leaving the quickest and most hardworking person to do their work.

Naruto never liked getting the extra work, but didn't mind being told he was appreciated. It made him feel happy and welcome, so he kindly worked on everyone's paperwork.

On a Friday, just a few days from New Year's day, his co-worker Shikamaru bolts in.

"Naruto!" He slams his hands on the desk in anger, quickly shooting Naruto an angry glare.

Naruto bounced back in his chair, falling off of it and hitting his head. He stood up and rubbed it, looking at all of the scattered papers on the floor, the finished mixed with the unfinished.

Naruto sighed, rubbing his fingers across the bridge of his nose, in between his eyes in annoyance, "What do you want, Shikamaru?"

"How could you not tell me about the new worker today? You have to tell me this shit! I had no clue he started today!" Shikamaru pouted, angrily.

"New worker? I was never informed that there was a worker that just applied." Naruto's annoyed look, slowly shifted into confusion.

"But.. the paper on your desk..? Or did Choji not give it to you? He's probably been eating instead of working! By the way, why are you here? It's two hours past your shift time. Go enjoy the end of your year!" Shikamaru patted Naruto's shoulder.

"Extra work I was given by the grumpy baa-chan. You know how it is, no one finishes their work, knowing I get it every year. I think they started doing it on purpose.." Naruto sighed, picking up the papers off of the floor.

"Well, I'll leave you to i,t Naruto! Talk to you tomorrow." Shikamaru waved, then left.

Naruto then worked his ass off all night getting the papers done.

He wiped sweat off of his forehead, " I finished! Finally the work is done, now, no more. It's only 12 a.m. I'll go home now."

Naruto shut off the lights to the office, the entire building dark, the only light was the dim glow his phone screen emitted in the dark, as Naruto walked.

Naruto then felt something hit his head, falling back, his eyes shut. Thinking he'd hit the ground sooner or later, Naruto was confused. Shouldn't he have hit the ground?

He opened his eyes to see a dark figure, the moonlight shining through, so he couldn't see the face of this person. Naruto soon realized that he still hasn't hit the ground. Looking down, he spotted two muscular arms wrapped around his waist, catching him.

"H-hello?" Naruto squeaked out, nervously. 'Why am I stuttering? How am I nervous. I don't even know who this is.' Naruto questioned himself.

"Why hello, cutie." The figure stated.

Comment if you'd like to see more 😊