Part two: In Which Tony Stark Panics

The lab in the Avengers Tower was far too hot for it to be comfortable for normal human beings, but Tony was too focused on his work to actually get up and do something about it. The only thing he would get up for was another cup of coffee, but his already shaking hands was a sign that maybe he should stay away from cup number 20, at least until number 19 was all done.

He was working on Iron Man Mark whatever-I'm-too-sleep-deprived-to-remember when F.R.I.D.A.Y decided to interrupt him.

"Sir, Peter Parker has opened the code to his web shooters."

Tony looked at the round clock above the exit door that showed the time to only be 11 am.

"Isn't he supposed to be in school right now?" Tony mumbled to himself before ordering Fri to show him the kid's location and stats.

"I am sorry, Sir, but I am unable to show his status since he isn't in his suit. I can, however, tell you that he is still in Midtown High school."

There must be something wrong.

He must be in danger.

But what if he isn't? What if he just opened the lock to his web shooters by accident? What if it's nothing and he's okay?

Tony settled on calling the kid to ask him about it, and if he didn't answer right away then he would come immediately. The kid is Gen z so of course, he would have his phone on him 24/7, right? right?

So he called the kid.

After he heard the second beep from the phone, he was already in the suit and ready to go. Just if he didn't take the phone and all that.

After the third ring, Tony was already out of the building on his way to Midtown High to stop some stupid locker room fight. He wasn't even in an expensive suit under his armor or anything.

When he heard the "Hello, this is Peter Parker's phone! I'm sorry I didn't take it, but if you leave me a message I'll hear it! Promiiiiiiiii- beeeeep.", Tony was sure something was wrong. Peter would never not take the phone. Never ever. Especially when it was Iron Man on the other side of the line.

He was three miles away from the school when he realized that calling Peter again and again and again wouldn't do any good.

He was two miles away when impatience took over and he decided to race faster.

He was 670 feet away from the school when he heard a loud "BANG!".

Something was definitely wrong. And somehow, Tony knew Peter was in the middle of it all.

Tony didn't have to tell F.R.I.D.A.Y to show him where Peter was. The AI had already put it up on his screen.

Tony slowed down right before the impact with the class' window and quickly glanced around to see a man dressed in all black with a gun in his hand. His disgusting smile turned into a look of horror as he realized who had just flown through the window.

"Hi," Tony said to the man who stood with a gun directed at God knows what. Or who. Tony reached his hand out to shoot the idiot.

He opened his helmet and looked around, asking if everyone were okay. A lot of people just stared at the iron elephant in the room, while another person stood up.

"Peter is shot!" He heard a recognizable voice say. When had he heard the kid's voice before?

Tony turned around quickly and to his horror, he saw Peter's unconscious body on the floor, covered in broken glass pieces and a small pool of blood by his left thigh.

Without thinking it through, he lifted Peter in his arms bridal-style, mumbled "be right back,"quietly enough that he was Sure the only person who could ever hear it was the unconscious kid in his arms and flew away to the tower with Peter held close to him and Doctor Helen Cho at the other end of the line on his phone, making sure she had prepared space for Peter when they came back.

-+-+-+-+-+-

pages: 2

Words: 704

I'm sorry this chapter was so short, I just didn't wanna add too much unneeded stuff to the story. I hope you still like it though!