Warrior Prince

"Hey kid! Kid, listen!" Lightning landed on Rin's windowsill. The teen didn't even look up. "That woman–Rena–she's not any random woman. She's the Witch that did this to you!" Lightning told him. Rin sat up in interest. "What?" He asked silently, clearly hopeful. "That's right! That woman is the Sea Witch! She's wants your soul so she can defeat your father while he grieves over you. She wants full control over the seas!" Lightning explained. Rin got up frantically from his bed, tripping in the messy sheets before popping back up again. He went to his closet and snarled at the pretty clothes. These people and their fancy silks and velvets. He put on a simple black dress and ran downstairs barefoot.

He bolted into the kitchen, which was thankfully devoid of the man who'd been trying to kill Shiro on the first day Rin had been human. He grabbed a knife and bunched up the bottom of the dress. With difficulty, he sawed through the material and soon, he had a short dress that was easy to run in and should be easier to swim in. After second thoughts, he decided to cut the sleeves off too.

After that ordeal, Rin ran outside, straight to the docks he and Renzou had visited the day before. Kuro and Shiro were already there. Lightning the seagull had already explained the situation to them. Good, this saved them time. "Kuro, Shiro." He addressed them. "I need my scepter. It's in my room. My guard, Yukio, will be watching over it. Tell him I need it. If he doesn't let you have it, take it by force." Rin ordered. The two were shocked at first, but nodded and dived underwater to retrieve the scepter.

Rin had always hated training with weapons, but now, he was glad. If he couldn't win Renzou over with just his personality, he'd win him over with his ability to fight. He could protect Renzou. He could be his own personal weapon if the prince needed. He just wanted the Prince to reciprocate his feelings.

'Great, now I just need to swim over there. I never thought I'd want my tentacles back, but even those would be helpful in this situation.' he thought to himself.

Rin groaned to himself and decided he'd have to "give it a little elbow grease" as the humans said. The boy backed up, waited just to get his nerves settled. Then he ran as fast as he could, all the way down the dock, and pushed off. He made a clean dive into the green water. He made a graceful arc underwater and came back up, spitting the nasty water out of his mouth. He used to breathe this stuff? Gross.

He started to swim as fast as he could, which wasn't very fast. He couldn't summon sea animals anymore, but there was no helping that. He'd chosen that for himself. If you wanna play, you gotta pay. Those were wise words from his older brother, Samael. Those words were also the exact reason that Rin had stopped asking him for favors. He always got Rin in trouble with their father because he always made Rin do something dangerous for him if he asked for something.

Rin shook his head, snapping out of the memories. Thinking about those wouldn't help him now. He was a human, he had to do things differently now.

The boat stopped moving, thankfully, so Rin made it there eventually. As he was climbing up the side of the barge, Shura's two eels attacked him. They grabbed his dress in their jagged teeth and bit his arms and legs, pulling him underwater.

One wrapped around his throat while the other bit down on his leg. He stopped kicking in reflex to the pain and they sank, Rin choking on the water while both eels dragged him down. He began to struggle.

Renzou. He needed to get to Renzou. He needed to save Renzou.

Rin kicked and screamed, thrashing in the water. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a flash of white before feeling something pushed into his hand. He gripped his scepter and willed it to change form. It enlongated and he stabbed the sword into an eel.