Chapter 2: Earth Skills ✯

I walked over to a group gathered around something. I saw the group came back but without food and I noticed that Octavia was hurt.

"We didn't make it to Mount Weather.", I heard Finn say.

"What the hell happened out there?", Bellamy yelled, concerned about his sister. Did I mention he scares me too?

"We were attacked.", Clarke said upset.

"Attacked?", Wells asked confused, "by what?"

"Not what, who.", Finn replied for Clarke, "Turns out when the last man from the ground died on the ark he wasn't the last grounder."

"It's true," Clarke confirmed, "Everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong. There are people here. Survivors. The good news is that means we can survive. Radiation won't kill us."

"Yeah, the bad news is the grounders will.", Finn said, being very optimistic, if you ask me.

"Where's Jasper?", I asked after seeing he wasn't with them anymore.

"Jasper was hit. They took him. Where's your wristband?", Clarke asked Wells, grabbing his arm and changing the subject.

"Ask him.", Wells said nodding to Bellamy.

"How many?", Clarke asked surprised.

"24 and counting.", Murphy spoke up.

"You idiots. Life support on the Ark is failing. That's why they brought us down here. They need to know the ground is survivable again. And we need their help against whoever is out there. If you take off your wristband, you're not just killing them, you're killing us.", Clarke said.

"We're stronger than you think. Don't listen to her. She's one of the privileged. If they'll come down, she'll have it good. How many of you can say the same? We can take care of ourselves. That wristband on your arm, it makes you a prisoner. We are not prisoners anymore. They say they'll forgive your crimes, I say you're not criminals. You're fighters, survivors. The Grounders should worry about us." Bellamy spoke.

Everyone cheered but I just looked annoyed at Bellamy. I wanted the Ark to come down. There were people I had to see again.

I saw everyone gathered again.

"Because you want them to follow you. And right now, they're thinking only one of us is scared.", I heard Clarke say. She started walking away and I told her I was coming along and before she could protest I walked ahead of her.

"Those guys aren't just bullies, Clarke. They're dangerous criminals.", Wells said as I followed them.

"I'm counting on it.", Clarke answered and we kept walking.

"How did you get locked up?", I asked Clarke.

"It's a long story.", She forced a smile.

"How about you, Wells?", I asked the chancellors son.

"It's a long story too.", He sighed looking at Clarke.

Half an hour later we met Bellamy and Murphy. Why did they come along? The two biggest dicks in history. And they both scared me.

"Hey hold on. What's the rush? You don't survive a spear through the heart.", Bellamy said. What an asshole. He didn't care about anyone but himself. And Octavia, maybe.

"Put the gun away, Bellamy.", Wells said grabbing Murphy's attention.

"Why don't you do something about it?", Murphy said. This wasn't gonna end well. Why do boys have to be this violent?