A reason - 2

The apartment was dark. To most this would be a darkness that left them cold and empty but to two it was home warm and welcoming was not something it needed to be they were that for each other.

"Daddy?" the little one cuddled into their father's arms asked. The two layed on a huge pile of blankets there was no bed in the room the pile of blankets made its place. The only light in the room came from the man a bright orange glow was being emitted from his throat warmth radiating off of him that the child snuggled into their father.

"Yes baby?" The man asked softly pulling his wing closer to them wrapping the two tighter

"Why did mommy leave us?"

"Well... Just like me her daddy was a hero and she lost her daddy because he was a hero... When she remembered that I was a hero she truly realized she could lose me too. You understand that the job of being a hero is dangerous right honey? It has to be done but heros get hurt everyday"

"That's why I want to be a hero daddy!" The child sat up spreading their wings "Im going to be strong so less people have to be reaaallly strong and get hurt"

"So you want to spread the burden" the man said chuckling

"Mmmhhhmmm" the child said nodding vigorously

"Well then sweetie you gotta get a lot of friends that are realllly strong"

"Me and Kacchan will make lots of friends"

"But you don't want to make your friends be heros do you" the man smirked

"Daddy" the child whined "You know that's not what I meant!"

"Of course darling" the man layed the child, his child back down on his chest making a rumbling noise heating up his chest again a slight hiss in the air that the child replicated.

"Of course....."