Chapter two

It's been a week since I left the little boy. Now I have a week to finish packing and send my shit to the pack I will be joining in Britain. But for some reason my mind keeps going back to that little boy. He looked so terrible that I don't understand how no one had found him before I did and helped him. I guess I should have taken him back to my apartment before sending him to the orphanage. I could have given him a bath, washed his clothes, and feed him a big dinner before sending him. Why didn't I think of that? As I'm thinking of what I should have done, I absentmindedly hear the doorbell ring. I stop what I'm doing, which was packing my clothes up into a box, and go to see who it is at the door. As I'm walking towards the door I trip over air and start flailing about. I quickly catch myself on the arm of my black leather couch and stand there for a second, catching my breath. I hear the doorbell ring again and rush towards it not 5 feet away. I end up running into the door with a loud bang and I hear my wolf chuckling in the back of my mind. I rub my nose and open the door. To my surprise, it is my next door neighbor. I notice him chuckling, realizing that he heard me ram into the door. My face instantly heats up. "Uh, hey!" I mutter, still rubbing my nose. "Hey. I was wondering if you had any cheese." I look at him dumbfounded. "Cheese?" I stare in disbelief. "You rang my doorbell for cheese?" Now my wolf gets angry. I try to calm her down but it's no use. She's upset. "Uh, yeah" he rubs the back of his neck shyly. As he does this I take note of how his biceps bulge from the action and my mouth opens and closes.

It takes all I am to not grab this man and have my way with him. It's this thought that makes me realize that it's that time of month. My wolf is in heat. Great. I roll my eyes at myself, completely forgetting that there's a hunk of a man standing in my doorway. He clears his throat and I realize that he's still here. "Oh! Come in. I'll check the fridge. Have a seat please." Knowing that this is a very bad idea, I step out of his way anyways and walk to the kitchen. "Uh, thanks Lily." When he says my name, my whole body tenses. 'How the hell does this man make my name sound so sexy!' I think to myself. "Uhm, yeah, no problem." I stutter as the sound of him saying my name rushes to my core. 'Get it together, Lily!' I reprimand myself.  "Uh, what was I looking for again?" I accidentally say out loud. From behind me, like directly behind me I hear, "Cheese. You were looking for cheese." I jump and turn around, my chest pressed up against his chest and my nerves go haywire. My eyes shift from his eyes, which are the deepest brown I've ever seen, to his lips, then traveling down his well-fit body and back to his eyes. At this particular moment, I'm breathing heavily. I take a step back to breathe. "Oh yes." I turn back around to the fridge and look for some cheese. After about five minutes I find the cheese. While I'm looking at this I realize that I can't send all this food to Britain. I sigh in desperation, and turn back around, only to run into a hard chest. I gasp and stumble backwards, but I don't fall as I feel a large hand steadying me. "Uh, here." I mumble, looking down completely embarrassed. As I'm looking down I notice that something is poking me. My neighbor gently takes the cheese from me, but doesn't move. Might I mention that I'm in Nike shorts and a tank top without a bra. He gently places his finger under my chin and lifts my face. "Why are you looking down, little one?" He asks, as though I'm shorter than him. Granted I am, but not by much. He's only about a head taller than me, still the way he calls me little one makes my mouth water. As I stare into those deep chocolate colored eyes of his, I subconsciously move closer to him. It is then that I realize that I have no idea what his name is. "Uh what's your name?" I blurt out and instantly cover my mouth. "I, uh, I mean, uh." I stutter trying to figure out how to save myself from the embarrassment. He chuckles lowly, and, man, does that make me shut up quickly. His eyes are crinkled at the corners as he flashes me an award winning smile. "My name, sweet Lily, is Sean. Sean Cunningham." I blush hard. "Even his name sounds sexy." My wolf comments, to my dismay, it comes out of my mouth. I blush even harder and stutter some more. "I mean, uh, sorry about that, um that was just um my uh wolf?" I say the last word quietly, and look down. I notice that my claws are starting to grow and I jump, and run to my room. 'GET BACK!' I scream at my wolf. 'Don't you dare come out. Not here. Not with a human present." I hear Sean rushing to my bedroom door. "Lily? Are you okay?" He grabs the handle to my door and tries to turn it. I squeal and try to stop him from coming in but I'm too late. He is in my bedroom and there's fur covering my hands. He notices this and I see the shock on his face. Before he can bolt, I quickly grab his arm. "Please. Don't run." I look at him with pleading eyes. It's this exact moment when he does the unthinkable. He partly shifts too. I stand there gawking at his hands. "You-You're like me?" I stammered.