chapter 6 - day one testing

Chapter 6

I woke up to the sunlight beaming at me again but this time I looked to see where it was coming from. I never noticed the window because there is a white tint over it. Well that explains that.

I woke up with Rainy on me again but this time she was already awake. When she realized I was awake she flinched away like she did the previous morning.

I laid there for awhile just taking in the light and letting my mind wonder. I always found myself thinking of being a normal human, to use your hands to pick something up and to have to start fires the way Rainy did along with a multitude of other things. It all just seemed ridiculous to me. How can they put so much work into everything? I noticed Rainy looking at me.

"good morning Rainy."

"morning."

I don't know why but things seem a bit awkward between us. I'm not sure if it's about the whole mate thing or what.

I just laid there in bed while Rainy was getting dressed for the day. Rainy knew I was right there when she stripped down to her under garments. I couldn't help but look and she noticed me watching but she seemed like she liked the attention. She started to put the cloths on they gave us for the day. They gave us these baggy grey soft pants and a white cloth t-shirt.

After she was completely ready for the day I figured Trone would be coming soon so I quickly changed in the bath room.

When I went back into the room there was was a guy in a white lab coat talking to Rainy he wasn't as tall as Trone but he was about eight in a half feet tall. I quickly read his mind before he noticed I was there. I don't really like the way he is thinking about Rainy. I'm not sure why he would be we are so small compared to them. Rainy is only about five foot four and me at six foot.

As I walked over I wrapped my arm around Rainy's waist.

"hey Rainy who you talking to?"

I was kind of expecting her to flinch away but she must have remembered that we are suppose to be mates.

"oh, this is the head scientist doctor Steve."

After saying this she learned more into me. I then read his mind again. Now that's better he is looking at us as mates and his patients now. He is wondering what Trone will be having him do.

Steve then let's us know he will be back after Sorah feeds us to start our testing. After he left Rainy and I started to talk.

"Cole you can let go of me now and why did you do that in the first place?"

"well two reasons we are suppose to act as mates and you wouldn't believe what that Steve guy was thinking about you."

"sounds like you were just jealous." She laughed.

"I..I, wait am I?" I asked myself aloud. I don't think she even heard me speak at all. So I changed the subject.

"Rainy what was your tribe like?"

"My tribe as you know are the tribe of the mental powers. They used to be a very kind type "

"what happened?"

I was worried that all of her tribe was going to be dead like my tribe is.

"they got power crazy and started to have some sort of civil war. That's when I left."

I was glad they didn't all die but a civil war can be just as bad. My family told me of past civil wars and they never seemed good.

"what kind of powers do your people have?"