27

Jughead was reeling, he had just dropped off his girlfriend at her house after the two of them drove the car of a dead man into the lake. His head was spinning and what's worse was he didn't even get a second to breathe before Clara had texted him.

"Shit" he muttered before he looked around at what serpents were there and just his luck Fangs was gone. "Toni gather as many people"

"What's going on?" Toni asked as she waved her hands for the serpents to follow which most of them did.

"Ghoulies are terrorizing Pops and Clara is there" he explained and that was all she needed to quickly follow him.

"Get up" the Ghoulie growled at Clara as she crouched under the bar in order to text Jughead. She quickly stood up and tried to seem like she wasn't scared when in reality she was terrified.

"What do you want?" She asked as she stepped around the bar to stand beside Pop who was just as scared.

"Where's your snake?" The one in front asked, taking a step forward.

"The hell should I know? I don't keep tabs on him 24/7" at this point she was stalling trying to buy time till someone came to help.

The sound of motorcycles from outside cut off whatever the Ghoulie was about to say. One of the others leaned across someone's table to glance outside.

"Serpents, tons of them." He announced looking back to the man who was towering over Clara. The man smirked when he heard the bell above the door and a hand grab onto his arm.

"Get the hell out" Jughead seethed, standing protectively in front of Clara.

"We just came to get some food" the man put his hands up in mock surrender the smirk never leaving his face.

"You aren't welcome here get it somewhere else" Pop spoke up. This made the smirk disappear into a scowl.

"Try to make any moves and we'll kill you. We out number you. So just leave" Toni said from her place next to Jughead. The Ghoulies finally left but not without scaring a few costumers on there way out.

"Why the hell are you here so late?" Jughead asked after he made sure that the Ghoulies left. Clara was sat at the bar still trying to grip onto what happened.

"Clara?" Toni asked softly, touching her shoulder which caused her to jump.

"I want to be a serpent" she announced and Jughead immediately went to deny but she stopped him. "Jughead. I want to be a serpent. Please don't try and stop me"

"Where is this coming from?" Jughead asked with a slight glare. "Is it because of what happened?"

"I've wanted to join for awhile but this solidified it. You all came to help me. Even if you don't really like me. The serpents are family and I really want to be apart of it" she said

"I can't think about this right now. Toni, make sure she gets home safe okay?" The girl nodded at him allowing him to leave and clear his head.

"I'm not really on board with this either Clara, but if it's what you truly want I shouldn't stop you." She said which caused Clara to smile

"First off I need you to tell me how to join. when I know, I need you to help me keep Fangs away while I join" she could see the request was a little much for Toni "please if he knows what I'm doing he won't let me do it"

"Fine." Toni looked toward Pop who was bringing over two milkshakes. "Meet me after school tomorrow."

"Here you are Clara" said girl gave Pop a smile before she picked up the milkshakes and went to walk to her brothers car.