Chapter One: The Offer

"We can make them believe! We can give them a world that everything, everything will be-"

"-pitch black?"

"-and Jack Frost too. They'll believe in both of us."

---Jack knew what not to do, what he wanted to do, and wasn't about to care about what anyone thought about it. The cold wind surrounding them both went by unnoticed as both were quite used to it. "Alright, I accept," Jack said not having his memories back yet but knew it didn't matter since the past was in the past. Pitch stopped hearing what Jack had to say and half expected him to refuse him after all that had happened.

---"Come again?" Pitched asked confused trying to make sure he had heard right. Did the spirit of winter actually just say that to him of all people? It was astounding to hear such a thing he believed he would never have such a thing in his life.

---"You heard me, I'll join your side, you were right," Jack spoke watching Pitch's blank reaction to what had been said. "There was no reason to involve me in the teeth, bringing joy to the world, or hope to children on Easter. I don't do sweet dreams for anyone in the world, that is not my job. And it is not my job to shine a light down on others watching them all night long." Jack spoke thinking of how much he hated Manny for waiting three hundred years. Just so the man in the moon could tell him to protect children. So, what better way to do it than to try, and turn your enemy good. Nonetheless, there was one little problem he didn't think about. If he joined Pitch, what would become of him?

---Walking over to Jack with a bit of elegance in his step, Pitch now stopped only a few inches away from the boy. Wondering what he was going to do. Would he run? Would he turn around to attack Pitch? He did have his staff with him and it would be a good blow to attack so close. A great way to take Pitch down or at least knock him off his guard. "You accept?" he asked, still bewildered then that faded to amusement. "Very good" Pitch placed his pale grey hand on Jack's shoulder over his heart. "Come to the dark side, Jack Frost." Pitch grinned mischievously as he watched black sand travel from him to Jack. Slowly engulfing the boy little by little with its soft feeling gliding up his arms and body. A bit of fear was felt in Jack's mind and Pitch enjoyed every little bit he could feel lifting off of the winter spirit.

---It was a cool type of feeling with a sense of warmth as the black sand soon engulfed them both. Creating a circular barrier then faded just as easy as it had begun. Jack wouldn't admit it, but he had loved the way he made him feel safe. It may have also had something to do with being close to Pitch that made him feel that way. "I do believe you look wonderfully frightening, my dear boy," Pitch said taking a step back to admire his handy work watching Jack step out of the black and laying on the ground. "How do you feel?" Pitch asked to see what the boy would say to him.

---Once the sand was gone completely it was clear to say Jack Frost didn't look the same anymore. His bright, blue eyes were a dark purple shade now. His usually white hair was now black as ink and clothes matched the same shade. "Ready to take on the world" Jack smiled a grin that appeared more shark-like than it did Jack Frost. It was a success, Pitch had created a dark version of Jack Frost. That was, after stealing him from Manny and the Guardians. There was something wicked in Jack's eyes, not only could he freeze the world now. But, he could easily create more than just that with Pitch's help over the nightmares.