Chapter 15

Authors note: Sorry for the long wait but here is another chapter, I hope you enjoy! I think the next chapters will see Nicole finally leaving the hospital and recovering at home and of course looking for some revenants ;)

Waverly awoke to someone tapping her shoulder lightly. She looked up only to see Wynonna staring down at her.

"Hey baby girl."

The younger Earp looked up at her love to see if she was still asleep. "Shhhh let Nicole rest."

Wynonna whispered: "Hey baby girl."

Waverly rolled her eyes and slowly entangled herself from her girlfriend to sit up in bed. "Where have you been?"

"Well I went to the station to update Dolls and Doc and found out that you found out that the revenant ass wasn't working alone."

Waverly's eyes widened: "Wynonna don't you dare tell Nicole. If she finds out she will leave this hospital and go looking for them." The red haired woman mumbled in her sleep and shifted her position. Both Earps watched her intently to see if she would wake up but her chest still rose and fell steadily with each breath and quite murmurs indicated that she was indeed still sleeping.

"Duhh I know that. That's why I am telling you now with Haughtstuff snoring and drooling all over the pillow next to you. But I am still going to go after them and kick their asses."

"Oh so will I, they will not get away with what they've done to my poor baby."

Wynonna nodded and made the decision to tell her sister the truth: "Yeah about that..." she shook Nicole awake as a distraction and sprinted towards the door:" IkindOfThrewAknifeAtYourGirlfriend." Waverly gasped in shock: "WE WILL TALK ABOUT THIS!" was all she managed to shout after her sister when she slammed the door shut behind her. She was instantly distracted as a groan escaped the cop's lips.

Nicole's eyes were still closed when she mumbled sleepily: "Why are you so loud?"

"Don't worry about it darling, how are you feeling?" The younger Earp pressed a soft kiss on her girlfriend's lips which was rewarded with hazel eyes opening and gazing lovingly up at her. She pulled back and sat back on the bed while taking Nicole's uninjured hand in hers and lazily started tracing random patterns on the back of it.

"I am good, just tired and so ready to get out of here." Waverly chuckled.

"And you will my love, just not yet. Let the doctors take care of you and let me take care of you. I promise when we get home and you are all better we will make up for the time we lost in the hospital, okay?"

Nicole smiled at the Earp:" Oh I want to know more. What exactly are we going to do at home?"

"Wouldn't you like to know? Well at first..." she leaned in closer until Nicole could feel her hot breath on her neck, her ear started to tingle when her girlfriend whispered: "I am going to take your top off slowly and then..." she paused for dramatic effect: "unwrap the bandages around your wound and clean it." Waverly sat up and laughed as her girlfriend pouted.

"You are such a tease."

"Well you did get yourself stabbed by my sister, so it's only fair that this level of clumsiness is not rewarded."

The officer's eyes widened: "She told you?"

"Yes she did and then she ran off like a 5-year-old." She smiled devilish: "But payback is going to be a bitch."

"But baby how is any of this my fault?"

"Well for starters, I don't think I know anyone who has been to the hospital as often as you have. Everyone knows you here for god's sake and you are on first name basis with almost all of the staff."

"Soooo..."

Waverly chuckled:" Let's be honest, you are super clumsy, maybe even the clumsiest person to walk on this planet. So it kind of is your fault for being clumsy"

Nicole feigned hurt: "How dare you?" was her dramatic reply.

Waverly laughed at this and leaned down to kiss her love. When she pulled back she asked:" Am I forgiven?"

The red-haired woman pushed herself up slowly with her good arm until she was face to face with her love. "I will always forgive you my love."

Their moment was interrupted by a retching noise from the door. Wynonna had just witnessed the cheesiest moment in her entire life. "Guys if you could cut back on the chewing each other's faces off for a bit while I am here I would be forever grateful."

"Wynonna! Don't think I can just forgive you for hurting my poor baby."

"I know, I know. That's why I come bearing gifts." Waverly looked at her sister warily and saw a pink box of donuts in one hand and three coffee cups in a holder in the other hand. The older Earp slowly stepped towards the bed as if she was fearing that any quick movements might provoke her sister even more.

Waverly took two of the coffee cups and lifted them up to her nose to smell them. "I swear Wynonna if there is alcohol in one of them you have another thing coming."

"Well even if that is a great idea, I don't want to be killed by my overprotective sister." She set the pink box of donuts down on the nightstand and sat down in the chair that was usually occupied by Waverly.