PROLOGUE

╰☆ I Z O M B I E ☆╮

╰☆ ☆  I Z O M B I E  ☆ ☆╮

PROLOGUE

❝ This was my life before I died

This was my life before I died....

  S A N   F R A N C I S C O G E N E R A L   H O S P I T A L

Olivia "Liv"  Moore sprinted down the long hall like her whole damn existence depended on it. Her dark emerald green eyes flickering about the hospital hallway in a sort of silent chaotic panic as she desperately looked for the doctor that was supposed to be on duty. Her mind felt frayed, and overwhelmed by her work day stress, and intense anxiety; but that didn't stop Liv in the slightest. Liv continued to push her newest patient down the long winding hospital hallway. Liv's latest patient was a 17-year-old male who had went down playing basketball.

   " I've got no pulse."  Called her co-worker, Marcy Edwards as she took the blonde boy's pulse.

  " He's cyanotic." Liv stated.

    " Where the hell is our chief resident? Did someone page Dr. Jeffreys?" Questioned Marcy in disbelief as she let out a loud heavily breath. Liv's eyes scanned the hospital hallway as she thought of what to do. The blonde boy before her didn't have time to wait for the proper doctor; she needed to do something like right now. With her typical amount of fear rushing rapidly through out her mind,  she continued to pushed the boy further down the hallway in tell she stopped them.

   " I need X-ray, pulse ox and a central line now. And the biggest needle and syringe you've got. We're doing this now." Stated Liv as ripped the guy's shirt open and got to work. The other nurses pass her an empty syringe and she stabbed it into the middle of the boy's abdomen, before slowly pulling the back of the syringe out with a loud pop.

" We should wait for Dr. Jeffreys." Started Marcy, but she quickly groaned in utter annoyance as their male patient starts to breath normally. " Or not. Tell Dr. Jeffreys we're good here." Finished Marcy. And with that, the rest of Liv's night seems to go by like a blink of eye; the nigh had been mostly uneventful. The remaining of her shift after that had been rather usual for her; she had gone to check on every one of her patients, got new pills for some, evaluate patients, record patients symptoms, and did many other things. But, her shift slowly came to a close as the clock hit ten o'clock. Which she was more than grateful for; her feet hurt beyond belief, and she was more then happy at idea of movie and good cuddle fest.

" Liv!" Marcy called to the blonde nurse as she walked out of the hospital. Liv paused, and turned towards her brunette co-worker. Marcy jogged over to where Liv was patiently waiting for her. " It's so weird. You have all the makings of a nemesis, but I actually kind of like you. Want to go to a party tonight?" She questioned her with smile.

" Oh. I'm not really a party person." Liv quickly declined polity.

" Come on. Show everyone you're not an over-achieving pain in the ass." Marcy said teasingly. " It's on a boat." She added in sweet tone in a attempts to get Olivia to go the party.

" Thanks for the invite, but I have plans." Said Liv as she glance ahead of them to see her fiancé, Scott Lang, grinning lovingly at her.

    " Maybe, next time, though." Said Liv polity before making her way over to where Scott was waiting for her.

    " So, basically every day of your life is like the end of sixteen candles?" Called Marcy questionably, which caused Liv to just chuckle and shake her head. She made her way up the long steps that lead away from the hospital, and down the a small path tell she reached Scott. She smiled softly at him, and instantly wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss. Scott smiled down at her as she slowly pulled away from him.

   " How psyched are people when you're their doctor? Seriously, if we weren't engaged I'd be here getting emergency surgery like every other day."

   " Well, in three months I'm all yours."

   " Is there any way we can push that up to, like, now? Just go elope somewhere. 'Cause I'm kind of feeling the need to lock this down." He stated as he gestured to her; which made Liv chuckle, and shake her head at his antics.

   " Oh, so, you're not gonna believe this. That girl, Marcy, who I thought wanted to kill me. She invited me to a party."

  " Wow. So she's embracing your overall perfection rather than trying to destroy you. Well played, Marcy the rival."

    " It's on a boat or something." Liv added with careless shrug.

    " Tonight? You should go. Seriously, you're gonna be stuck with me for the rest of your life. Go. Tie one on. What's the worst that could happen?" He questioned her with a raised eyebrow.

The worst that can happen? Try an inexplicable zombie outbreak. Followed by a sudden desire to eat brains.

People had been screaming and yelling as the boat caught on fire, and people battled to the death. Liv had opted to hiding under the beverage table as she watched the grotesque sequences of events play out before her. She sat on the cold, and blood covered floor of the boat as  sheer pink table cloth barley hide her from sight. Lib knew she had to jump ship before anyone could get to her; she much rather deal with uncertainty and dangers of the sea then the insanity of the people on the ship. Liv's mind was spinning uncontrollably as she stared at the carnage that was before her very eyes; it was the very horrific, and grotesque sight of people fighting to the death, and slaughtered bodies carelessly decorating the ship floor. And Liv swears she might be  hallucinating as she sees people cracking heads open and eating brains; she feels dizzy and hazily, it all felt like a terrible nightmare, but in reality it was all too real. It sickened every fiber of her blood covered body. She stared about the place, and decides to finally dash for it.

   But, before she can even make it to the edge of the ship, a man with pale white hair and red ish black eyes grabs her forcibly by wrist. She tries to yank her hand away from him, but it only results in her getting scratched and losing her balance and falling off the ship. She gets knocked out by the fall.

   She knew that party was gonna blow. On the other hand, how often can you say you've been changed, really changed, by a simple party?