Actions and Decisions

I was a little nervous I admit that, but I couldn't let that take a hold of me yet. I was too caught up in my thoughts that I nearly didn't hear my name being announced onto the ring. I shook my hands and just let my feet walk me up to the arena as my name was being announced . . . although I would have appreciated Mic calling the mysterious problem child and Aizawa agree with a hum.

   Sero and I face each other and smile, I nodded my head as a way to say 'let's have a great battle' and he returned the gesture. Flames exploded from the four corners of the arena signaling our battle about to begin and the crowd practically loses their mind in cheering.

   Even with the high pitched screaming, I was able to hear Sero say something to me.

   "Man I don't feel like I can win this fight." He was stretching his arms as he spoke but as soon as he finished, I felt his constricting tape wrap my arms to my torso and knees together. I felt myself being yanked across the arena. Sero finished his thought by saying, "but I don't plan on losing either."

   I admit it was a good tactic to keep away from my penance stare but the fault in the plan was simple. I was wrapped in flammable tape and my feet were still on the ground. I simply planted my foot creating a gust of wind from the G force that aimed at the crowd unexpectedly. With my body planted, I let my fire burn the tape on my body and rush up the extensions of tape rapidly towards Sero. He freaked a little and tore the pieces of tape off himself as I rushed with both pieces in my hands wrapping around Sero's legs.

   He fell to the floor instantly and with building fire in my fists, I took the opportunity to catapult him over my shoulder and to the opposite side of the arena and accidentally have him meet the ground with a slight dent.

Oops.

   It was silent for a moment until around of cheers and some heavy commentary cut through the crowd.

   "An amazing quirk but she could have given him a less painful defeat."

   "Yeah if you think about it, that was kind of a villainous move. . ."

   "Wow, what's wrong with her?"

So . . . this is what the other rider's faced back home . . . but to a minor degree.

   My mood was ruined but that didn't matter, when I was announced the winner, I took Sero to the infirmary and returned to the stands not saying a word and just kept thinking about what kind of life as a rider lives. No one understands the circumstances, many will judge your actions as a rider and a person, and the ones you get close to end up getting hurt or leave. This is the life for a loner . . . sadly life doesn't choose people wisely.

   After some self wallowing, I came back to reality only to be met with a giant block of ice in my face and then I realized the arena was silent.

   I guess Shoto let his dad's words affect him.

   I didn't even get to see the fight, apparently, the poor guy he went against was frozen and therefore disqualified the contestant. Oof is all I had to say and watch as staff got the rest of the ice cleared from the right half of the arena. After that, it was Denki's turn and seeing him get buzzed off by yet another flirting attempt was hilarious and sad at the same time. Of course, Monoma had something to say and this is where things get hilarious . . . at least for me, it does.

   "Guess he was right. That match really was over in two seconds." As if out of nowhere, I heard the arrogant voice of a familiar blonde. Neito Monoma.

   "I wonder if his real quirk is the ability to tell the future. Hey! Wasn't class 1-A supposed to be so much better than us? HAHAHAHAHA!" I was honestly about to get up in his face and scare him like I normally would while working but he just suddenly went limp. In his place, a girl popped up with an earnest smile and a side ponytail. She apologized for his actions, I couldn't help but chuckle at how that whole scenario reminds me of siblings.