31

"Soo...how was last night?" He asked with a nudge nudge wink wink. "Eeww Eric no!" I protested. "Correct answer whether you told the truth or not." He smiled.

I sighed and gave up. I teased him about Alyssa and how cute they are the whole ride home and by the time we got there he was done with me for the day.

I went up to my room and called Clarissa. She picked up after 4 rings.

"Hey Ris!"

"Ariel? Is that you? It feels like we haven't spoken in forever!"

"Oh shut up, I had my reasons."

"Sure...anyways how did last night go?"

"It was wonderful! I met Eric's girlfriend an-"

"Eric has a girlfriend?? Since when??"

"Don't worry Ris I was in the same boat you were until last night. Her name is Alyssa and she's really cool. I also met these really nice girls Danika and Nicole who were Jesse and Alex's dates."

"That's wonderful, you have many options to replace me. What happened with you and Carson?"

"We slow danced to I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing and he sang it to me!!"

"Oh my golly god he wins boyfriend of the year! That's so cute!"

"I know!! I also danced with Eric which was fun. And then as you know I hung out at Carson's for the night."

"Ya. Now. I'm your best friend. And you can tell me anything. Any boom shacka lacka go down last night?"

"What the hell? No Clarissa! Ugh you're worse than Eric."

"Just checking."

"Ya okay."

We talked some more about school until her mom needed her help. I really loudly yelled through the phone, saying bye to Clarissa's mother and then after she screamed at me about losing her hearing (hypocritical no?) I said a quiet goodbye to her and we hung up.

I lay on my bed thinking about the conversation I had with Carson last night. And I thought about what Cathryn said to her mom this morning. And I wondered if I really loved Carson?

My thinking was interrupted by knocking on my door. I was about to invite whoever it was, in, but they beat me to it and came in and flopped himself on my bed. "Yes Eric?" I asked.

"I need your help. All you have to do is put stuff in boxes, label them in your neat girl writing and repeat. Sound easy enough?" He asked. "Ya but I never said I would help you!" I laughed. He laughed as well and within 8 seconds he had me over his shoulder and we were on our way to his room.

He stepped in and I kid you not, he dropped me on the floor. "Thanks." I said in a monotone voice. "Anytime." He responded with a cheesy grin.

I grabbed a box and started putting toys and stuffed animals into it. "Are you actually taking all of this to university with you?" I asked, shocked. "Oh god no. Those will all be donated somewhere." He answered while he packed away some trophies.

"So should I label this 'Donation'?" I asked, pulling out the giant Sharpie. He nodded and I wrote it on all four sides and the top, just because I'm special like that. Then he handed me the box of trophies which I labeled 'Trophies for Attic' and carried them downstairs while he continues packing.