Dancing in the Moonlight (NSFW)

The sound of your heart thumping loudly in your chest filled your ears. Tonight had gone great— no, better than great. It was perfect: Lea had a whole day planned out to surprise you by taking you to another world to change up the scenery from Twilight Town. He had whisked you away to the Castle of Dreams for their annual Night Under the Stars Ball. Before he had picked you up from your apartment, Lea had instructed you to dress up for a fancy occasion, but that's as far as he'd go with giving you any information.

You decided to wear your favorite dress: it was a long black silk dress with a slit on the left side that extended mid-thigh all the way down. The top of the dress criss-crossed across your chest and tied at the top behind your neck with a long sash draping down your exposed back. When Lea finally picked you up, he wore a black tux complete with a silk red tie and fire cufflinks. Your face had practically turned as red as a tomato when you opened the door to see him standing with one arm resting against the frame holding a single red rose between his teeth. The rose fell from his mouth as his eyes grew wide and for a moment, Lea forgot to breathe. You were absolutely ravishing, which made his nerves spike up 1000% more than they already were. Stumbling to pick up the rose from the ground, he carefully placed it behind your ear and held out his arm for you to cling onto as he guided you to the Gummi Ship he borrowed from Master Yen Sid.

Memories of the evening kept repeating over and over in your head. Lea was a perfect gentleman, always offering you his arm or a hand to hold as you walked through the castle courtyard. When it came to dancing, he was a bit stiff at first; you could tell he was nervous. After a couple songs and along with your help, Lea finally released the tension he was holding and relaxed into the music. The two of you danced until you were the last couple remaining on the floor, slowly swaying together while you were pressed up close against his chest. The ball finally came to a close, which meant that it was time to board the ship once more and head home.

Only... you didn't.

You weren't expecting Lea to propose a walk down a nearby stream in the middle of the night. What you REALLY didn't expect was Lea to take you to a nearby inn. Standing in front of the cottage, your heart continued to echo in your ears as you began to realize this was an overnight trip. Lea softly took your hand and guided you into the building and waved to the owner, who had nodded politely to him when Lea held up a small brass key.

"You already checked us in?"

"Of course, I was here earlier. I brought a bag of our stuff so we can change and be more comfortable. Didn't think I'd come prepared, did ya?" Lea winked as he started climbing the wooden staircase to the second floor. That's when you noticed he only held one key.

"Are we... staying in the same room?"

"Well, yeah. Unless... you want to stay in a separate room?" His voice wavered slightly as the words came out, and you realized that you might have hurt his feelings.

"No, no! This is fine, I just—this is just taking me by surprise. I'm sorry," you rushed through your words to ensure that you weren't disappointed.

"That was the plan," Lea smirked as the door opened up. The room was lit with a few oil lamps that didn't do much for lighting; the full moon however in the window brightly illuminated the small bedroom with a blueish hue that took your breath away. It was a small, quaint room with a tiny bathroom and a queen sized bed. Lea walked over to the window and opened it up to let some fresh air in. The curtains lightly blew in the wind and the sound of crickets chirping below filled the silence of the room. The simplicity of everything just made it all so perfect, and you couldn't help yourself from walking up behind Lea and hugging him from behind.

"Whatcha doin?" He brought his hands down to yours, interlacing his fingers.

"Just saying 'thank you' for such an amazing night," you whispered. "This is the best date I've ever been on."