Welcome to Canada!

Finally in Canada where I know that Alice can have a normal life and be happy. I was very glad that we could have Luther with us too. But there's days where I think about what could have happened if we stayed in Detroit. What would happen to all androids, what would happen to Alice. Luther patted my shoulder and I snapped out of my thoughts, "Stop thinking about what happened back there Kara. We're safe now and so is Alice."I cracked a smile when Luther said that, since it was true.

"Sometimes I can't help it," I said looking down at my lap as I sat on the tan love seat, "Back at the train station, finding out that Alice was an android this whole time- How many times did Todd hurt her." I took a deep breath and rubbed my thumb.

"Right now, Alice is happy and that's all that matters." Luther sat next to me, placing his hand over mine, "We're in Canada, Kara. A safe haven for most androids that made it! Plus, we have a home with a back yard for Alice and she's finally in a school like she wanted." I took another deep breath and nodded agreeing with him. I then took the time to clear my head and forget the bad memories and made sure Alice was my top priority. In Canada, they assumed I was Alice's mother and Luther was her father. We never told them the truth but thought about tying the knot and making it official.

Luther stood up and held his hand out towards me. At first I looked up at him but took his hand as helped me up. Our hands stayed linked as we went out for a walk before Alice came home from school. Some neighbors waved while others water they're garden or played with their dogs, others were inside. It was a nice feeling to feel like a real human. But I will never have that true feeling and I know that. We made it back around the block and just in time. Alice's bus arrived to drop her off.

I noticed that Alice came down with an animal. Class pet? Alice ran over and held up a little crate with a little brown and white guinea pig, "Look what I got to bring home for the weekend!" Luther crouched down to Alice's height to look into the cage to see it. 

"What's his name?" Luther asked, looking at Alice with a smile. 

"She and Mrs. Lyra says her name is Twila." Alice giggled. As she ran inside with her temporary pet. Luther and I walked in to see what she was up to now. When we got to her room, Alice was cleaning up to make space for the crate. Quickly, she looked my direction, "Mommy! Can we let her out and play." Shocked for a moment she looked down, noticing that she called me 'Mommy". I smiled and nodded. I was okay with whatever she called me.

"First lets Twila a hamster ball so we don't accidentally hurt her." Alice's face lit up as she ran towards me, wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Thank you Kara...." She paused for a moment and looked at me, "Is it okay if I call you mommy?" Brushing her hair behind her ear, I nodded once more.

"You can call us whatever you'd like, Alice." She hugged me again before running outside, excited to go to the pet store. 

We finally arrived to the store and walked down the lanes until we found the hamster balls. Alice was amazed to see the variety of color choices. We all looked and saw a green one, the blue one, the yellow and the clear. But Alice didn't want those. So we kept searching, until we approached the pink with some glitter. "Is that the one you want?" 

"Yes! This is perfect." We headed to the front counter and happened to see Alice's teacher, Mrs. Lyra. 

"Hello Alice!" Alice smiled up to her teacher and waved. Mrs. Lyra saw the pink hamster ball, "Oooo, Is that for Twila?" 

"Yes Mrs. Lyra, K-" She paused for a moment, "Mommy let be pick it out so Twila can roll around without getting hurt." Her teacher looked towards me and Luther. 

"I apologize, I'm Lyra Henderson, Alice's science teacher." She extended her hand to shake.

"My name is Kara and this is Luther." We both took a chance at shaking her hand.

"I must say Kara, Alice looks a lot like you!" Lyra clapped her hands together with a sweet expression. 

"Thank you." I smiled as Alice took mine and Luther's hand. 

"I'm so happy to see Alice in a supporting home! Unfortunately we don't have a lot here.. Not anymore." She had sympathy printed all over her face. "Well you three have a lovely day! I have to get home and make dinner. If you have any questions, please call!" Lyra handed a card with her number and extension for the school. With that, she left. 

Luther and I looked at each other for a moment before heading to the check-out lane to go home. "It'll be $12.68."

My hand scanned over the card reader and it beeped signalling that the transaction was completed. The cashier looked at me with wide eyes, "A-Are you one of the androids that came from Detroit?" Once the receipt printed, we walked to the door. My wrist was grabbed as he looked deep in my eyes, "I have never seen one up close. U-Uh don't worry, here in Canada, we don't want to hurt anyone, android or not." 

"Yeah, we are."

"ALL OF YOU!! NO WAY!" Soon people crowded around us. Some snapped pictures and some were trying to ask question. The cashier blocked the three of us, "Stop that! We don't need people to judge them! They are trying to live a normal life so look at them like humans!" They calmed down and looked at him before spreading off. He gave us the receipt, "Sorry about that, I'm Maxwell, but just call me Max. If you need family, consider me your brother." He gave us a cheesy smile as he said it towards me. 

I was shocked for a little but smiled, "Thanks Max." We finally walked out and got home and helped Alice get Twila in the hamster ball and let her roll around.

I walked to the kitchen to make something for us. Yes, android don't have to eat but its optional. We decided to order some pizza for the night. I made the order and all we had to do was wait for about a half hour. 

About 20 minutes passed and there was a knock at the door. I got up and walked to the door with money in my hand. Opening the door, I saw Connor. I started to close the door and he stopped it with his foot, "Wait! I'm not here to start problems!" I sighed and walked inside and he followed, closing the door behind him. 

"So why are you here? How did you find us." I asked as I crossed my arms, leaning against the wall.

"You're posted all over social media." He put his hand out, palm up as an image opened, showing Luther, Alice and I in that pet store.

I was speechless, "Are we in trouble?"

Connor didn't answer for a moment, "I don't know, but lets hope not." He took my hand and looked at me, "I live with an officer, Lieutenant Hank Anderson." I was familiar with that name. 

"How long have you been here?"

"Long enough." Connor looked towards Luther and Alice, "Are you all living together? That's good." I nodded and the door was knocked on. I checked and the pizza guy was here. I paid him and tipped, taking the pizza and thanking him.

We let Connor stay with us for a little to make sure nothing happened for that night as we continued our usual nights.

//I hope you all liked it. I wanted to try something different and I think I'll enjoy writing this! Please Like, Comment, and Share!

EDIT:
I had a few spelling errors so I went through to correct it. I may need someone to help me go over the chapters with me!