Chapter 1

A young female child was running out of breath. Her legs sore from the running she had to endure. Blood coated her skin and stained her clothes.

The trees she dodged, the boulders she jumped over were all just a blur.

The only source of light she had was the moon that shone brightly that night. She used this light to see her way through the woods that got thicker and denser. She used this light to run away from the ongoing fight between her pack and the rogues.

Her mother was there with her, making sure she ran to safety along with her baby brother in her hands.

"Run Lucy! Run! Don't let them catch you nor your brother! Please baby just run! Don't look back!"

Just as the child's mother said that one of those rogue wolf jumped at them in surprise. It's blood stained teeth bared, ready to take the mother's head in a flash.

However, the mother was no push over. She wasn't the mate of a Beta for nothing.

With her nails now elongated and sharper than a knife, she jumped at the wolf in mid-air.

Even though she told her daughter not to look back and keep on running, she couldn't help but stare in awe at her mother taking the wolf's head right off its body in one calculated swing of a clawed hand.

Landing on the ground gracefully, she threw away the head of the wolf and turned around only to see her daughter standing there, clutching her baby brother to her chest.

The mother's eyes widened in panic and disbelief.

"I told you to run!" She screamed.

The young child hurriedly turned on her heels to run but another wolf coming towards them made her freeze.

Wasting no time the mother shifted into her wolf. The dress she wore ripped into pieces. Her beautiful blond fur shone under the beams of the moonlight.

She raced with her deadly mouth open before jumping over her children and having a full drawn out bloody fight with that other rogue wolf.

It was instinct. The need to protect her pups.

It didn't matter if she lived or not.

As long as her pups were safe. She could die in peace. She could join her beloved that was waiting on her.

But with the rogues out and their sole mission to capture her daughter, Lucy, she would have to win this fight and make sure her children were far away enough from the pack.

With that in mind, the mother focused back on the wolf before her. She quickly used her hind legs to kick the rogue wolf off her and stood protectively in front of her children.

She paid no mind to the gaping hole at her side. She paid no mind to the fact that her left ear was bitten off. She paid no mind to the blood that was staining her fur and pooling around her paws on the ground.

Her wounds were slowly healing but she was tired. She was loosing too much blood. But she refused to go down now.