Chapter 10

Where is this? The last thing I remember is getting taken away... wait, it can't possibly be a jail? I wanted to scream and drown myself in tears, but I knew it wouldn't make this situation better.

Hah, another betrayal? God sure hates me. Why did I reincarnate? Why? Why must I go through all this pain again? Tell me WHY?

My dress was in bits, and my shoes were scratched and dirtied from the fight earlier. My hair was disheveled. I bet I look nasty now. Whatever, he decided to give me a jail cell even darker than the Demon Realm's night anyways. 

The only thing that brought me hope was the necklace, it had a crest on it, so it definitively was my mothers. I stared at the golden gem, I really wish you were alive mother. I want to have a complete, normal family. But I guess it's impossible now, huh? What's next? Execution? 

*Laughs*

"Having fun?" A voice broke the mood.

"Nah, just reflecting upon my incompetent self. What is next? When will I die?"

Lancelot laughed coldly. "Don't be so depressed, I am here to make a deal with you."

"Deal, what do you want? I doubt I can even help you."

"Swear allegiance to me, and give up your identity and power as a demon. If you do that, I will treat you nicely, and let you live. All you need to do is to slay demons for me."

"How? I will be a mere human once I give up my power."

"Don't worry, as long as you swear allegiance, I shall give you my blessings to you. How powerful you become all depends on your loyalty, personality and affinity with light."

I was unwilling to accept, but I didn't want father to worry nor to feel the pain of dying again.

"Fine."

His hand reached out to mine, and I grabbed them bitterly.

He smiled sadistically again.

He led me out of the dungeon and I saw light. I was amazed, heaven looked so beautiful and peaceful. I ignored the strange looks on the lower ranked angels and admired the scenery.

"You are really, rather a different demon. You don't seem to get affected by the purity of air here and you... seem to enjoy the scenery?"

"Hmph, what does that have to do with you? I had poor health, so I rarely have a chance to go out apart from the academy. Besides, you really need to read the students' info properly, Professor LANCELOT." I returned the sarcasm to him.

"You shall address me as 'Master', or 'Archangel Uriel'."

"Uriel~" I said coquettishly. 

He understood that I was trying to make fun of him.

"Sol." He said with a bright smile.

My face darkened. I decided to stop before he goes crazy. I could see the killer smile right now.  Besides, I have patience so I had plenty of time to pay the debt back.