2| Scared

I applied to Harvard to be with Percy and got accepted

I applied to Harvard to be with Percy and got accepted. I haven't told Percy yet because I want to surprise him. He has a dorm on campus but since I have the twins, I ineligible for a dorm. I am going to look at apartments but there are only three bedroom apartments left.

I was driving to the Harvard campus to look at some apartments with the twins, they were both asleep hugging the stuffed toys Percy had won them last year at the carnival. Thanks to Percy they can't leave the house without them. 

Note the sarcasm, I can't get the girls to do anything unless they have them.

I texted Percy and told him I will come to see him but it won't be there until later. After a long car ride, I pulled up to the parking lot of the apartment complex, the building was made of dark red brick, the windows of all the apartments were long and they all had balconies. I exited the car and unbuckled the twin's seat belts. When we walked to the building and entered the elevator to go to the eighth floor. I got off I looked for room 885B. I found it and knocked lightly on the door.

"Hello, you must be Emery," an older lady with grey hair greeted me as she opened the door, 

"Yes, hello," I shook her hand.

"And these cuties are?" she asked

"My daughters, Aria and Amberly," I placed my hand on either of their heads as I said their names.

"They are beautiful, they look just like you,"  

"Thank you," I smiled, "I hope it is ok that I brought them, I didn't have a babysitter," 

"Yes, yes, it's fine, don't be silly. Will they be living with you?" the lady asked, 

"Yes, they will," 

"Alright. I am Lisa by the way. Let's head over to the apartment," 

The apartment was huge, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a huge kitchen, a smaller dining room and big living room. the place was probably too big but it was the cheapest and closest to campus. 

After I left the apartment, I texted Percy,

ME: Hey, I am almost at your dorm, can you come to help me with the twins?

PERCY: Yup be right down!

After I texted Percy I pulled into the parking lot, I got out to start unbuckling their seatbelt, I felt a hand snake around my stomach causing me to scream. I was comfortable with the contact when I knew who it was and only if it was Percy, but this contact made me uncomfortable, not unsafe but not comfortable either.

"Let me go!" I screamed as I punched and kicked the person who had now picked me up

"Emery! Emery, it's ok," I heard a familiar voice try to calm me down, it wasn't Percy but I knew the voice. When the person finally let me go I opened my eyes to see Logan Hunter. 

"Why would you think that would be a good idea?" I yelled, 

"I am sorry, I wasn't thinking," he tried to apologize,

"You don't seem to ever think! You do stupid shit all the time, I am traumatized and hate physical contact and you come and do that?" I fired back, "You are beyond moronic," I walked back to the car and finished unbuckling the seats.

"Let me help," Logan offered but I just shoved past him, 

"Em, I am sorry," 

"Where is Percy?" I asked,

"He is coming, he just had to put clothes on, now please let me help you," 

"I am fine, please leave me alone," 

he stopped talking but still followed me up to Percy's dorm room, opening all the doors for me. when we got to Percy's dorm I unlocked it with the key he had given me a few months back. 

 "Hey Em," Percy grabbed Amberly out of my arms, 

"Hey," I deadpanned, 

"what's wrong?"

"ask your idiotic friend," I pointed to Logan who put his hands up in defeat.

"what did you do? I sent you down to help her, not anger her,"

"I wasn't thinking, I wrapped my arm around her and picked her up, she screamed at me and then I realized what I did," he explained,

"come on man, did you not learn from the last time you did that?" 

Percy wasn't talking about the time in the school before everyone knew I was rapped, over the summer we all went swimming in Marianna's pool and I was sitting on the lawn chair reading when he picked me up and threw me in, when I got out I kicked him in the groin, 

"ya, let's not relive that," he joked,

"touch me again and we will," I threatened.

___

Here is chapter 2!!!!! this was more a filler chapter, I needed something to fill up the weird skip between the first chapter and the next one. I hope you enjoyed. 

also if you know anything about Jefferson, TX, where the first book takes place, and Harvard University you would know that it's a 25-hour drive. . . just ignore that minor flaw, pretend it is closer.

 just ignore that minor flaw, pretend it is closer