End Up Here ✰ Jack

(gender neutral reader)

"Call me lucky 'cause in the end, I'm a six and he's a ten"

Song: End Up Here - 5 Seconds Of Summer

Your usual coffee shop was pretty crowded today, you were lucky that you found a seat for yourself. You pulled out your laptop and set it down in front of you. You planned to get your English essay finished today and you were about three quarters done.

As you typed away on your laptop, occasionally taking a sip of your drink, you noticed an attractive boy around your age walk in. Many other people in the small coffee shop had their eyes on him as he made his way up to the counter and he knew it.

You went back to working on your essay, occasionally glancing at the boy as he waited for his order. Once it was ready, he grabbed his drink from the barista, thanking them, before turning to meet eyes with you. You felt heat rise to your cheeks as you quickly looked back to your laptop.

In your peripheral vision, you noticed him making his way over to your table for two. He stopped in front of the empty seat, a charming smile on his face.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" He asked.

You looked up at him and smiled softly. "Nope, go right ahead," you gestured to the seat.

His smile grew wider as he sat down, thanking you in the process. You went back to writing your essay while he was on his phone.

After about ten minutes or so you finished your essay and shut your laptop. You looked out the window and noticed that it was raining pretty hard.

"Shit..." you muttered, not realizing that you said it out loud.

"Is something wrong?" The boy in front of you asked.

Your eyes widened slightly, not expecting him to respond to your out loud thinking. "Oh, it's just that I walked here and I don't have an umbrella..." you answered.

He smiled slightly as he showed you the umbrella that he had handy. "Luckily i have one! I could walk you home if you'd like?" he offered with a soft smile.

You thought about it for a second, before nodding in agreement. "I'd like that."

He now had a dorky grin on his face. "Great!"

As you walked out, he introduced himself. "I'm Jack," he spoke as he opened his umbrella.

"I'm Y/n," you smiled, getting underneath the umbrella and walking with him, giving him directions as you walked.

The walk was short, about five minutes or so, but it was nice. You and Jack talked about whatever came to your minds. Music, dumb jokes, life.

He was funny, charming, and sweet. You thought he was way out of your league so when you made it to your house, you were scared to ask for his number.

He walked you to your door step and you were about to open your door but he stopped you. "Wait," he called out, quick and nervously.

You turned around to meet eyes with him, your heart beat increasing a bit, thinking of what he might say. "Yes?" You answered.

"Can I get your number? I want to get to know you better," he sounded nervous but covered it up with that charming smile of his.

You smiled at him and agreed. He pulled out his phone and handed it to you. You put in your number and smiled at him.

"I'll see you later, hopefully," he smirked.

"Yeah, I'll see you later,"

~