Significant Change

Jeongguk was good in every field he put his hand on, there was nothing his parents tried to make him learn and he didn’t do it in record time. He was born a smart kid learning things easily, it got his parents hopes high, they expected him to become more successful than they already were and that’s what he did, he brought Jeon Corporations to the heights that they would have not thought of, he became one of the richest man of the Korea, but to achieve this, he followed certain rules, his parents brought him up strictly, Jeongguk never saw life as a normal person of his age, he became strict with his schedule, doing only what is good for him, talked only to the point and only what was necessary, laughing was something he forgot to do, neither did he wasted his time in showing love, not even in his teenage years his only love was books, money and success, he never faced defeat nor even know what it tastes like. Life was running according to him, on his rules and it was good like that but only until his family decided to start looking for a date for him to make him settled with a girl.

Mrs. Jeon felt guilty for one thing, and that was making her son a breathing live robot, he was too much into the work that he forgot to live and love, she craved to see her son showing affection to her but it was only in terms of respect, after her husband’s demise Jeongguk took the responsibility of the company, he was younger than everyone there, so he devoted himself more to it to show them he is worth the post whatever age he was in. Mrs. Jeon’s friends suggested her to get her son married, that way he will find love but Jeongguk was against it, he was not in a mood to get settled. Mrs. Jeon was a stubborn woman so she planned blind dates for her son, she took help from her friends and searched a site setting blind dates and there she fixed some dates but to her disappointment Jeongguk didn’t show interest in any of them, disappointed she asked her friends again for help, the witty friends advised her maybe Jeongguk was confused of his sexuality and was not interested in girls, or there are bisexual people too, why not look for boys too, Mrs. Jeon was not confident or liking the idea but went with it to repent her mistake, and found some suitable matches for her son, the next thing she did was ask her son’s assistance for appointments to fix the meeting after a lot of coaxing Jeongguk agreed but on one condition that his dates will meet him in his office since it wastes lots of time to go out and do other preparations (that of course he never did but also didn’t like the idea of it) and few minutes will be fine for him to understand whether he liked other or not, though she hated the conditions but agreed anyways, she was satisfied with her hard work and just waited for her son’s response.

It was autumn time, Jeongguk was busy in his work, his break started five minutes ago, but he decided to eat his meal after completing the work, he was well aware that his mother has fixed a date and was also pleased to know that the person wanted to meet him in the office, giving him time to complete his work, he heard the knock on the door and ordered the person to enter, hearing a shy “hi” with a small giggle, he looked up peeking through the glasses that were set on his nose to see who it was to act so unprofessional, and was met with a breathtaking beauty in front of him, the strikingly beautiful and soft features, height just like him, his red hair reminded Jeongguk of the autumn leaves, wearing a very simple attire, a yellow cardigan with blue jeans but still looking different from anyone he has met so far, as the person stood across him extending his hand for Jeongguk to shake, he looked in those innocent orbs and was fazed.

“Nice to meet you Mr. Jeon” his deep voice made Jeongguk look at his face again, while shaking hands.

“You are?” he asks.

“Oh!” the boy smiles while settling himself on the chair not bothering to ask Jeongguk for it “I am your date Mr. Jeon” he took off his bag and placed it on the chair next to him.

No etiquettes. Jeongguk thinks. Rejected.

“I have heard about you, a lot” he looks at the water bottle on the desk then at Jeongguk “Can I drink water please, I came here directly from college, I didn’t want to be late for my date, you know how bad it is to make your date wait” he looks around probably for the clock and brightens up looking at the wall clock just to his right wall “look I made it on time, well done…”