12// never turn your back

Rinleys POV
4 month time skip
It's been 4 months since my fight with Pony. My mom is still with Jason, and I live at the Curtis house now. School started again, and it was going pretty good. I had all classes but one with Pony. We hadn't had a fight since that night, and he's been keeping his promises really well.
It was Friday night. Me and Pone has the house to ourselves tonight. "So what do you wanna do tonight?" I asked Pony. "We could just stay here..." he said kissing my neck. I giggled and hugged him. Soon or later, one thing led to another

Ew I fkn hated writing that!! Cringed so hard

I woke up and looked at my phone. It was only 11 pm. I must've fallen asleep after... well... ya know. But that was only at 5pm. I realized I didn't have any clothes on, so I found my underwear, and put on one of Pones hoodies. The navy one that I usually wear was in the washer, so I grabbed a Gray Harvard one. I put on some volleyball shorts along with it.
I went to the kitchen to make some food, probably was just gonna make Mac n Cheese. After a few minutes, Pony came in and hugged me from behind, then he kissed my cheek. "I love you" he whispered in my ear. I turned around and kissed him, then got back to making my food.

Pony's POV
I can't believe we just did that.   

Once again I hate even writing anything close to this stuff. I cringe writing everything😂

I walked into the kitchen and saw Rin making Mac n Cheese. She's a really good cook. She can turn simple foods into the best thing you've ever tasted I swear.
I sat down and ate. Me and Rin just joked around and laughed a bunch. She still had trouble being alone, so I was usually in the same room as her at all times. Even when she was in the shower. I'd sit on the toilet seat and talk to her. She still has panic attacks and bad dreams. I've learned that they get really bad when she's on her period. I don't know why I guess it just happens. She stays in my room, but we set up my parents old room for her so if she ever wants to sleep alone, she can. She's only slept in there twice. I had to lay down a blanket and pillow right outside of the door and sleep there. She was down with the flu and it was really bad. She was contagious and none of us wanted to catch it.
I hated those 2 days. I couldn't get close to her. I could only stand at the door way and talk to her.
Darry has only gone in the room to give her medicine.
On the other hand, Rinley has only talked to her mom a few times since what happened with Jason. Her mom knows she lives with us, and is perfectly fine with it. Rin doesn't plan on moving back home until her mom breaks up with Jason. Her mom didn't believe Rinley when she told her what happened... that's why she moved in. I'm glad she chose to move in. I loved having her around every day. The gang did too. Dally and her were super close. He treats her like she's his little sister. Dal always tells her that she can stay at his place if she needs to. He even calls her "sis" instead of "kid" now. Other than the bad dreams and stuff, Rin has been super happy. Darry takes her to therapy now. At first she went every 3 days, then once a week, then once every two weeks. But now she only goes once a month.
Track season has started. I've been doing really good this season because last year, all of the people that we're faster than me graduated.

Rinleys POV
"Oh shit what time is it?" Pone yelled.
"2:00. Why??" I asked him.
"I HAVE A TRACK MEET TODAY" he yelled as I laughed at him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to his bed room. I sat on the bed still laughing. He was searching for his track uniform, but he had already gotten undressed, so he was only in his boxers. I was laughing my ass of at him running around panicking. "Dammit wear the hell is it?" He yelled. I was still laughing. He ran over to me and picked me up. Pony continued to lift up the cover and there it was. "You knew it was there didn't ya?" He asked me. "Nooooooooo?" I said sarcastically.
He pushed me over and started tickling me. "UNCLE" I called.  He let go and looked in my eyes. I kissed him. "Can't wait to watch you win tonight" I told him.

After about 30 minutes, the whole gang was out the door. I wasn't able to watch Pony's last few meets because of therapy. I don't have appointments as often now, so I'll be able to make to almost all of them.

Pony's POV
I kissed Rin on the forehead. This was my biggest meet of the season. I watched as the 100m race took place. I run the 400m. It was way longer and harder. After the first race ended, I had 15 minutes to prepare. I stretched and warmed up. "Runners take your place" a booming voice yelled. I went over to my lane, and got into position. I looked into the stands for Rin, and almost immediately locked eyes with her. She blew a kiss at me and I blushed. I never really tried to show how nervous I was, but it was pretty obvious that I was a little shook.
"On your marks, get set" the booming voice said. Then, a gun went off. "GOOOOO" the voice said. I was off. I kept a good pace at first. I was ahead of the rest, but I was still going slow. I finished the first lap. There was a guy right next to me during the whole second lap. We were head to head. Tied. I was stressed. The third lap, he started to get a little bit ahead of me. I was starting to wear out.
Right at the end of the third lap, I locked eyes with Rin.
Everything moved in slow motion. She smiled at me.
And at that moment, I felt like I could run 3 more laps. The guy wasn't too far ahead of me. I waited until we were about half way through the last lap. I picked up my speed, passing him. The finish line was right there. I knew he was right behind me. I thought about Rinley. I used everything that I had in me to push myself and go faster.
I crossed the finish line.