☀️ Warm Sand; Broken Dreams ☀️

All I could hear was the soft thud of my loafers on the gravel pathway. Alone once again. I softly placed my hand over my right eyepatch. Peko... I will live for you! I won't die here! I forced myself to stand up straight; shoving my hand back into my pocket. The peaceful silence was suddenly interrupted by someone calling my name.
"Fuyuhiko? Fuyuhikoooo!" Oh great. What could someone want to do with me right now? Perhaps it was Mikan coming to scold me me about slicing my stomach open. Whoops. Sorry about the trouble, Mikan. The voice didn't sound like Mikan though. It sound more like... "Fuyuhiko! There you are!"
"...Souda." Great. Did Mikan send him...? Nah. She'd send someone like Hajime.
"Finally found you...! Wait! You sound upset to see me! Am I that bad?" I sighed. He's so sensitive.
"No, no! It's just... are you here to scold me? Tell me what I did was oh-so wrong and that I'm fuckin' crazy? Is that it?" He paused for a second.
"Wuh-? Wait! No, no! It's not that, I swear! It's kinda the opposite, actually." I cocked my head to the side, confused.
"The hell is that supposed to mean?"
"I was wondering if, uh..." he put his hands behind his head, smiling. His nervousness was still noticeable, however. "...We could hang out or something?" Is he asking me out? When the hell? Why does my face feel warm thinking about it that way?
"And why do you wanna do that?"
"You've just seemed really down lately! Seeing you like that really bums me out, you know?"
"No, I don't know actually." He scoffed at me.
"Whatever! Just be at the beach by 5 PM, okay?"
"Uh..."
"A-And, don't wear that suit! It's the beach, o-okay? Beach s-stuff!"
"What is that supposed to..." I trailed off, as Souda began to run away with a blushed face, wailing. I raised an eyebrow. "What the hell was that about?" I shrugged, deciding to just stay in my cottage for the time being. I had unlocked my door, throwing my overcoat off onto the nearest drawer. I planted myself into my bed with a long sigh, arms behind my head. Just what was he going on about? Don't wear that suit... What the hell does that mean? Does he want me to wear a bathing suit? Why couldn't he just say so? It's not that complicated... Oh. Wait. This is Souda I'm talking about. For some reason, I found myself smiling just thinking his name. That's weird. I shrugged it off again. I looked over to my alarm clock. 3:37. I guess I have time. I guess I have time for a little nap. I turned onto my side, letting my heavy eyelids shut. Sleep... Sleep...
...
Evening sunset filtered into my eye. I sleepily sat up, stretching out and arching my back.
"Ahh... That was a good nap..." I ruffled out my blonde hair. "What... time is..." I looked over to my alarm, and then gasped. "5:13.... Wait, 5:13?! Crap!" I sprang our or bed, rushing to my closet. I threw of the suit I slept in, scrambling for my swim trunks. I had finally found them and fumbled them on, almost tripping. They were black and had a dark blue stripe going down either side. I snatched my towel and sunscreen, bolting out the door, with only one sandal on. The other was still in my cottage. I didn't really care. Keeping people waiting makes me feel guilty. My feet eventually met the sand, and hot pink locks came into my view. My eyes lit up, but immediately after went sullen. Souda was there, but his face was buried into his knees. My heart sunk. I silently walked up to him, hesitating, but then sat down beside him. "Hey... Kaz..." He lifted his head towards me, and his face lit up. He then spoke.
"Huh? Kaz...?" I chuckled a bit.
"It's a nickname, dumbass." He laughed softly, then paused for a bit.
"I thought... you weren't gonna come." I gave a little sigh.
"I overslept by accident. Sorry, Kaz."  As I explained, I put sunscreen on my nose and cheeks. He smiled.
"Well, you're here now, so let's have fun like I promised!" He stood up, grabbing my arm and dragging me up with him.
"U-Uh, okay?!" I stumbled along behind him. I finally took in how Souda looked. He wasn't wearing his usual beanie, which revealed the messy, spiky hair he had under it. His swim trunks were some kind of tie dye mess, which admittedly, suited him quite nicely. I began to feel the cool water on my feet as we had made it to the coast. Souda began to slow down, letting my arm go. I was about hips-deep in the water. Well, for Souda, it was more like knees-deep. We had just been messing around for a while, splashing and whatnot, when he suddenly looked over.
"Hey, Fuyu."
"Mhm?" I turned my head over to him.
"Can I carry you?" Well that was... blunt, to say the least. I raise my eyebrow in pure confusion.
"Excuse me, what?" Without wait, he hoisted me up by my arms, swiveling me around as I was then plopped down onto his shoulders. He placed his hands on my ankles, steadying me as I desperately tried to get down.
"Hey, hey! Don't pull my hair out, okay?" He began laughing.
"What the hell, Kaz?! Put me-" I stopped, looking up all around me and at the horizon. I could see everything...
"Wow..." I breathed out without even realizing it.
"It's pretty, ain't it?"
"Yeah... It is." I relaxed, letting my hands rest on his broad shoulders. His broad, strong, muscular shoulders.
...
"Uh... Fuyu."
"What?"
"You giving me a massage or something?"
"The hell are you talking abou-...?" I looked down at my hands. I had unconsciously began rubbing his shoulders. I immediately stopped, jerking my hands back. "Fuck! S-Sorry. Can I go d-down now?" I said that, but I really just wanted to stay there forever; staring at the sun as it set. But that would never happen.
"...Alright, Fuyu." He softly set me down, letting my feet touch the sand and waves again.
"Kaz. Could we maybe... sit at the coast?"
"Oh sure! The water is getting a little too cold anyways." We began to make our way to where the sand and waves met. He sat down, where the waves just barely lapped at his feet.
"What now...?" He did nothing. Did he hear me? He then proceeded to pat the sand between his legs, looking up at me.
"Take a seat." My face went all shades of red and pink.
"W-What?"
"C'mon, Fuyu. Let's just relax. I gave a long sigh.
"Fine. Don't do any weird shit, okay?"
"No promises." I mutter a cuss under my breath, but proceeded to sit in between his long legs anyways. He rested his head in between the crane of my neck and wrapped his arms around me, as if he didn't want me to run away. As if he didn't want me to leave him. alone. I glanced at his face. It looked... unusually serious. "Hey, uhm, Fuyuhiko?"
"Yeah...?" I could feel him softly sigh on my shoulder.
"What... What do you think about me? What goes on in your head when you hear... my name?" I fell silent. Why is asking me this? Does he think I hate him or something? "Please answer.." I don't want him to think that! But what am I supposed to say?
"I... I..." I swallowed what little pride I had left, forcing myself to speak. "I think you're a... really cool person. And... the way you always try to cheer me up even though I don't really deserve it... makes me... happy. You're really special, Kazuichi."
"Special? Me?"
"Yeah... What I said."
"What kind of... special, Fuyuhiko?" Sweat ran down my forehead from that statement.
"You know! You're important to me! I don't know what I would do if you were gone," I blurted out. I could hear him softly gasp. I then felt his hands on my cheeks, talking my head backward to look at him. "Huh?" I looked right into his sparkling eyes.
"You're important to me too, Fuyuhiko." I felt my body freeze has he placed a small kiss on my forehead. I gasped.
"K-Kaz?!" Souda pulled away from my forehead, giving me a wide smile. His sharp teeth sparkled in the evening sun.
"Is this a big surprise or something?" I sputtered out pure nonsense, and then regained my composure, nodding quickly.
"Well, yeah?! I thought you liked Sonia!"
"Oh... Uhm. Something happened, and she said..." His bright expression sank. I spun my body around to face him.
"Ah, don't worry about it, Kaz. You're way too good for her anyways."
"What? Me? Too good for-?" I cut off his refusals by placing a soft kiss on his lips, holding it for a few moments, although it felt like hours. I pulled away, hands on his shoulders "Fuyuhiko? So you're.. a-actually gay?" I gave a little smile.
"Bisexual, actually. I used to have a crush on... P-Peko." My breath hitched.
"Oh... I-I'm sorry for making you remember that..."
"No, it's fine. I'm the one who owes you an apology, actually.
"Huh? For what?"
"For being kinda a huge asshole this whole time. I know already made that whole.. scene in the restaurant as an apology, but I feel I owe you an apology directly, so... I'm sorry, Kaz." His shark-like smile had returned, making my heart feel all warm and fuzzy.
"Ah, it's alright. I know you can't really help it sometimes."
"Eheh.. yeah. But, I'll try my best, ok? I'm really trying to get better."
"I know, Fuyu." I then rested my head on to his chest, hugging him tightly. I tried to hold my exploding feelings back, but I couldn't stop them. Tears began flowing down my left eye. I began sniffling uncontrollably. I could feel Souda's hand rub the back of my head, and soft cooing coming from him. "Shh.. it's alright. I'm here y'know? If you keep on crying, you're gonna make me cry too." I could hear him sniffle softly.
   "I love you, Kaz. I-I care... about y-you... so much." I could fee, his grip tighten.
   "I know... I love you too. Stop crying, please, Fuyu... For me?" I rubbed away the tears from my eye, and tilted my head up to him. I gave him a wide smile. So wide that it made my whole face stung. But I didn't care. I couldn't stop smiling. "Awwww, there's my Fuyuhiko." He then proceeded to stand up, gently helping me up as well.
   "Where are we going...?" He began leading me slowly. I snatched up my towel on the way, almost forgetting it.
   "I was thinking we could go to the supermarket to grab some chips or something. Is that good with you?" I softly nodded, entangling his strong fingers with mine.
"Yeah that sounds nice." A gave a relieved sigh. So much pain was gone.
"Something the matter?"
"Hey, Kaz..."
"Yeah..?"
"Can you carry me again?"
...
He didn't answer, but just hoisted me up once again, onto the safe canopy of his shoulders.

➳➳➳➳➳┄┄※┄┄➳➳➳➳➳

A/N: Over 1900 words! This is my longest one-shot yet! I really hope you enjoyed it!
(I may have poured my whole heart and soul into this one.) 😅
Anyways, I love y'all so much! Be sure to upvote if you enjoyed! I'd really appreciate it! See you next time! 💖✨