_haechan - _tied

haechan x reader
high school au in which 17 y/o haechan and (Y/N) are in a relationship against the approval of haechan's parents.
_told from switching point of views, sorry if it is confusing. a single dash signifies a time skip, double = change in point of view. this will apply to future chapters as well.
__________________________

"Donghyuck, I forbid you from your relationship with that girl, who is a terrible influence. She's ruined your pretty hair, and what are those hideous clothes?"

"That girl has a name, mom. (Y/N) is not a bad influence! You don't know what you're talking about, so stop ruining the one chance I have at getting with a great girl! I did these things to myself, and I like them! So stop giving your opinion where it isn't needed!" I retaliated, with attitude and an eye roll.

"That girl has you acting like this! You have never given me this much attitude; don't you see how she is manipulating you?"

"No! You've got it backwards! She's the one who opened my eyes and showed me how manipulative and controlling you are!  You're blind! Now would you look at the time! I've got to go. I'm late." Picking up my bag and snatching the keys from the counter, I slammed the door in her face, who gave a final attempt at preventing my date with that girl.

- --

"Donghyuck! Slow down please!" I exclaimed, tightly gripping the seat belt holding me in place to the front passenger seat. "Where are we going? What's the matter? Talk to me hyuckie!" What the hell is going on? What happened to our date? Why won't he say anything? I've never seen him this upset. Maybe... oh god. Was it his mom again? Just be patient, (Y/N).

- --

Ignoring your questions, haechan speeds off the interstate into a lightly outlined dirt road leading to an overhang that looks directly over the city where you both grew up. You both weren't really friends with each other until high school, however you knew of each other. When you met through your mutual friend, Mark Lee, you really didn't like each other at first. That story is for another time, but through many awkward and memorable moments with each other, your relationship blossomed into something much greater (which Mark might have had nothing to do with).

Walking towards the edge of the cliff, Donghyuck leaned his elbows against the railing, putting his head in his calloused hands. Slowly exiting the car, you made your way quietly over to where your distressed boyfriend was standing. "...hyuckie..." Taking a seat on the adjacent bench, and running your fingers through his multicolored hair, you whispered: "Let it out."

Quickly turning around, he paced back and forth while screaming about everything on his mind. "She doesn't understand anything about me! About you! All she wants me to do is whatever she thinks is best for me. Never once has she asked me what I want!" Talking with his hands, he continues. "All she does is insult you, and insult me! I feel like shit with every comment she makes about my hair and the way I dress. It's even worse when she makes assumptions about you, when she doesn't even know you. Doesn't she know how that makes me feel?"

Slowing down, a long silence followed his rant. He quietly finishes,"(Y/N), all I want is to be happy with you. And for my mom to understand, this. I love you both so much, and I cannot lose either one of you. My hands are tied. What should I do?" Returning to his original position, hair covering his sad eyes, he takes a deep breath, and lets it out.

You were silently listening to the whole thing and waited for him to be done. "Hyuck, please listen to me now." You got up and started approaching him. "First of all, Lee Donghyuck, there is nothing wrong with your cute style and your pretty hair. Have confidence in me when I say that." Playing with his hair and stroking his cheeks, you were surprised to find them slightly damp.

"Second, don't worry about me or your mother's view of me. I will handle that myself."

He turns his head away from your gentle hands. "I don't need you to scold me too." He says under his breath. 

"Hey, look at me, hyuckie." Hesitantly, he turns his neck to look at you through the corner of his eye.

"Finally, I understand you are upset. But I will not let our relationship stand in the way of your relationship with your mother. We will talk this over with your mom once everything settles down. She is a great woman, and doesn't really mean the things she says. She only wants the best for you... even if she might be wrong sometimes." This made haechan's lips curve into a slight smile.

Still slightly bent over, you hugged him from behind while watching the city lights dance below. He wiped his face with the sleeve of his sweater, and turned to face you.

"Thank you (Y/N). Really, for everything. Nobody helps me with anything better than you do.

...we can fix this, right?"

"Right." You smiled sweetly at him. Hands in his hair, his hands cupping your face, you shared an innocent kiss under the rebellious stars.

___________________________

i thought of this one on the car ride to soccer practice while listening to epiphany. anyway, i hope it wasn't too disappointing.

921 words

_naught_adacy