[Chapter 4 - Impact]

The five of them sat down on a table next to the laptop, with Abigail sitting next to Petra.

"So...Petra Sylvester, was it?" Uni asked.
"Y-yes." She responded, naturally nervous.

"She approached me while I was watching over the town. Said she managed to find her way here after the bright lights from Octavio's battle. But she doesn't remember anything about the Hypno-Goggles, Octavio's plans or even her own parents. She doesn't even know where her own house is." Abi explained.

The three scientists looked over at her while she just stayed quiet.

"You sure it's not just natural amnesia?" Zaire asked.
"No. It has to be something related to that machine. She remembers everything else except for those specific things." Abigail responded.
"...I...the last thing I remember...I think some sort of mission ended badly?...after that, it's all blank." Petra said.

Unizo thought for a bit.

"...I see. I got a idea."
"Do tell." Pix said.
"I'll go look through some files to see if I can find Petra's home. Maybe she'll remember something. In the meantime, Zaire and Pix would look through Octavio's secret facilities using his maps to see if they can find the machine, and a registry of recent uses."
"Sounds good to me." Zaire responded.

The rest nodded in agreement.

"Then I'll keep watching over everyone here." Abigail said.

The two teams split up up to do their tasks. Unizo and Petra went to look on the Elite team's files while Pix and Zaire went to look for Octavio's maps.

Unizo and Petra found the files with all the names on it. He started searching for Petra's name.

"...so...I forgot to ask. What's your name?" Petra said.
"Oh, uh. It's Unizo. Unizo Fuaroji." he responded.
"Well...It's nice to meet you."
"I guess I could say the same...and sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable." He added.
"H-huh?"
"I kinda...helped build the machine that scr--"
"Oh, no no! Please, don't apologize. I know that you didn't do it intentionally. It's not your fault." she responded.
"...sigh...I know..."

Something in his head kept telling him that he had some fault in the incident, even though he obviously doesn't.

After enough scrolling, he finds Petra's name on the files.

"Here. Petra Sylvester. Daughter of Azura and Sam Sylvester. House 86 on Sector 5." Uni read out loud.
"...sorry. Still can't remember." she responded.
"Well, at least we know where you live now. Let's take a look and see if we can find anything that might help. If you're willing, that is."
"...I do. It's just going to keep bugging me if I don't remember."
"Then off we go."

The duo made their way to Petra's house. Doesn't seem like anyone is around the street they're walking through. Petra tries to remember something by looking around. But nothing's ringing a bell.

"You ok?" Uni asked.
"...I'm fine. I'm just...I just want to remember. I really do."
"I'll do my best to help. I don't believe that model of the machine was perfect either."
"...what makes you say that?"
"Here, in the Octarian areas, we don't have as much access to technology and materials like the people of Inkopolis do. We had to mine deep into caves to just get what we have now. Considering this, I think the machine must have some imperfections." He explained.
"...I sure hope so..."

They walked for around 2 minutes until they reached the house labeled "86".

"This must be it." Unizo said, as he approached the door. The door lock was broken, for some reason.