Chapter 27

I was shocked when I saw Mino from a far holding a mask with tears rolling down his cheeks.

Oh crap. Oh crap. Oh crap.

I ran away from the dance floor and headed towards my boyfriend.

“Mino!”

He walked away but still I followed him. I hurt my boyfriend and I knew very well how he was feeling. It was the feeling I had felt when Kai and I broke up.

“Mino stop! Let’s talk about this.” We were outside.

He stopped in his tracks and faced me. “Yea, let us talk about this. Why did you kiss him?”  He wiped his tears and looked at me in the eye.

“I am sorry Mino. I didn’t know who he was and he said he was you! He said he was Mr. Football Player and I thought you were him so I kissed him back.”  At some point I cheated on him.

“Do you love me?” 

I knew we would reach this question and for some reasons I couldn’t utter a word. Not even the L word. My mind was blocked and it was as if I left it inside. My heart was left inside with the guy I kissed. “I—I”  I started. “Why do I need to answer that question when you know the answer?”  Where would this conversation lead us?

“You can’t even say it. I think this is over Jennie. I just thank you for everything.” 

I was speechless cause I just lost another boyfriend. But it was so unreasonable. I mean, that's it? After everything, that's it? Oh well. Mino walked away and before I could utter a word to stop him I heard the door slam so I looked back to see.

Black tuxedo and a black mask that rested above his nose, covering his eyes. I was dancing with him a while ago, kissing him earlier, and enjoying his smell just few seconds ago.

The guy was there staring at me. He was the other person who told me that he was MFP. Slowly he removed his mask and my jaw dropped at the sight of the person hiding behind the mask.

Jisoo..

The heck was happening in my life.

“Jisoo?”  I almost whispered. I once thought he was MFP… but Mino told me he was really him. “This can’t be. I mean, you are lying.”

“I can’t believe this.” I couldn’t believe anything that was unfolding in front of me. Jisoo knew everything about MFP. He told me he was MFP. He told me almost everything that happened between me and MFP.

Mino (my ex). He also told me he was MFP. He knew things about me and MFP—like Jisoo. Mino knew everything about MFP.

It was not good.

My knees felt weak but I helped myself balance. “Jennie, listen to me.”

“But I can’t—I can’t understand.”

“Just believe me.”  His eyes were dark and serious and the mysteriousness was all over him. “I love you.”

“But Mino. He is the football player.”  He kissed my forehead and held my hands.

“I love you.”  Those three words pierced into my poor heart. Three simple words that gave something—a meaning to what was happening.

My heart wanted to burst at that moment. There was something in him that was worth of my trust. Hearing those words from Jisoo gave a different feeling to me. It was the same feeling that MFP and I shared. As he held my hands, I felt something flow all throughout my body. It was like we shared a special bond.

“C’mon Jennie say something—anything.” 

“Mino said he is he too.”

“Can we not talk about Mino?"

“Yes. But---I”

He moved closer. “No buts cupcake.”  I was taken aback by that name. I pursed my lips. “I love you cupcake.”

“Uh…”

He raised his eyebrows. The Jisoo I knew before was back. “Go on cupcake.” 

“I think I love you too.”

Butterflies were flying inside my stomach when I said those words. I couldn’t and didn’t say the L word wholeheartedly to Mino but I just told Jisoo that confession.

“Will you not say anything? Something?”

“I don’t know what to say. Maybe I love you too will do eh?”