Prologe

A soft melodic tune was echoing in the empty halls.

In a small room, a sixteen year old girl was playing a piano.

This instrument had keys. Keys that made it go higher and lower, some keys were black while others were white.

All pianist knew this. A big majority of people knew this even.

The brunette teenager took a shattering breath, pausing her playing for a couple of milliseconds before she chose to play her right hand two octaves higher, making her piece calmer but more powerful with the sharp high notes that rang out.

The key that the girl found whilst playing piano was not what many other people knew of. The key she found most important was the instrument itself, along with the noise it produced, which made Alexa remember all the good and bad times of her childhood.

Her childhood was mainly filled with horror that that would make adults cringe, which was why she found it a blessing that she could change her mood, nearly whenever she wished, by simply playing the piano.

Her thin, long fingers shook as she changed the song into a major key, rather than a minor, which gave it a happy feeling to it, but was also masked in pain due to the slowness of the tune.

The memory Alexa was now thinking of was when her music teacher, Miss Elizabeth, taught her piano. The old, kind lady had been surprise at the talent the six year older had after just a few lessons.

But today had not been a good day, so her happy memory was quickly changed into one that was frightening.

-The man had a hard grip on the trembling child, his breath reeking of smoke and alcohol.

Alexa tried to escape, kicking and scratching.

'I. WANT. MY. DADDY!' She had screamed at the horrid man, but it did nothing.-

Just as a sob was about to escape her dry throat, a voice made itself known.

"You're really good." The soothing voice called. "Man, if I could play as half as good as that, I wouldn't be in this shit-hole, I can tell you that!"

Alexa just stared at the boy, staying completely quiet, like he was crazy, which he probaply was.

"Oh! How rude of me. My name is Colton Blaise, with a 'C', not a 'K' which was probaply obvious, but than again..." The boy, Colton rambled until he looked deep in thought.

"...Alexa Devon." She finally replied shyly, looking anywhere but at the strange teenager in-front of her. He was incredibly handsome with his hair slightly spike, but still giving an aura that screamed 'polite school boy'.

"Alexa... That's a pretty name! Is it short for something?" She looked at Colton from under her eyelashes, blushing from the complement and shaking her head no.

'This year just got a whole lot more interesting...' Both students thought inwardly.