The Promise

I wake up to shouting, groggy i rub my eyes and struggle out of bed.

When i get to the bottom of the stairs i see adam throwing things i stumble in on my crutches.

"Whats going on?" i ask through a yawn noticing its still dark, i look at the time to see that its 3 am

"What's going on annabelle is that my fucking cars on fire on the street, i had my window open and was just starting to fall asleep when i heard tires squeal ane soon after smelt fire i rush out and it's my fucking car" adam shouts as i start to hear a fire truck in the distance

I gasp and walk out into the front lawn watching the blaze as i noticed our neighbours were in their lawns looking on and whispering and pointing.

The fire truck reached us and the fire people jumped out and started running around doing their jobs, that's when i noticed him colby was down the street hidden in the bush's of a vacant house watching it all and part of me was happy knowing that he's the one that did this.

Soon enough the fire was out and people were heading back into their homes, mom told me to go back to bed and get some rest because i had a long day i nodded and walked up to my room.

I check my phone to see a text from a unknown number.

';) hope your still safe'

I texted back

'For now at least but I think he might catch onto u Colby' i said smirking to myself.

crawling back into my bed I pull my blanket to my chin and fall asleep smiling.

The next day I wake up at around 10 in the morning to an empty house, I walk downstairs and eat my breakfast do my chores and head back up to my room, I slowly take off my clothes and undress my burns, looking in the mirror at my back I see that it's covered in blisters and has a clear coating of plasma I hiss.

After covering my cast I get in a shower being careful of my cast and back, after my shower I redress my back and pull on a loose sweater and fight with some sweatpants to get them on.

I place my hair in a messy bun and make my way to my room. I lay on my bed watching random YouTube videos for an hour before I get up and go to the living room bored out of my mind.

I turn on the tv to see the news was talking about Adams car last night in front of the house, curious I peak out of the blinds only to see that it was in real time because they are out front of the house.

I sigh sitting back down as on tv you could see a black shelby boss pulling up out front, i gasp as i see who is getting out; its colby.

I was in complete shock, what was he doing here? Why did he have to come now? They rush over to him asking if he's a friend of the family.

He walked past them and to the door and they trailed him. i got up and opened it slightly telling him how to go out back so they didn't see me.

I go to the back door and open it, he's climbing the gate i sit on the patio chair waiting for him to come over.

He sits in the seat next to me. He put his head on his hands and looked at me and smirked.

"I take it that was your handy work?" i ask looking down at the ground.

"Let's keep that on the down low alright?" he mumbled pointing to the gate he just climbed.

It's at this point that i notice that there's a camera being held above the gate to watch us.

"So colby what brings you here?" i say sitting up straight.

"Oh that i came to check on your injury and see how you are holding up i also have class notes for you." he says passing me a booklet.

I open the book and notice a written note close and nod

"Thanks colby but i should really get back to studying" i said with a soft smile, he nodded and stood holding out his hand to help me up. As he pulls me up he leans into my ear and whispers "i know he did that to u and his payback for that soon enough"

I nod and grab my crutches heading to the door as he hops into the crowd of reporters i get back to the tv in time to see them ask him if we were dating "no sorry im just dropping note and school work to a classmate" he says pushing through the crowd.

I sigh shutting off the tv and walking to my room, i place the booklet on my desk i rub my face sitting down in my chair.

I look up at my ceiling about if my family found out he was here, i know that they really won't be happy and adam will flip and do something rash and most likely painful at least for me. I open the book i put the note aside and look at the notes and work they were all hand written and it's in the same writing as the note.

It was the basic homework we get everyday nothing to hard. Next i pick up the note and start to read.

Annabelle

I hope you are feeling a bit better today but we both know that's not why i am doing this so moving on. I have a few more things planned for adam but i know he's gonna take it out on you so i should at least warn you, as you know the fire was me it was a good plan to me and i can tell you enjoyed it by the look on your face. Anyways the hell i am going to put him through will be fueled by attacks you recieve. I'm not doing this only for you and it in no way makes us friends or means that i feel anything for you. You were warned.

Later

"Gee thanks colby" i mumble. I fold it up and tuck it in the bottom of my desk drawer.

I tidy up the work and read over the notes before starting to do the homework.

About a hour later i hear the front door open and slam and hear stacy's giggle i go to my door and lock it.

I hear them walking up the stairs and i sit back down turning on some music, i here a knock and flinch.

"I'm studying right now" i shout out hoping he will leave me alone.

"Yea whatever whore moms coming home early i called her while we were in the car and told her about the reporters, she said she would be here in a hour so go start the dishwasher" he called back before going in his room and slamming the door.

I sigh pushing myself up, better to get it done just incase.