( 8 ) CHAPTER EIGHT | CYRUS ROWAN

So, I wanted to make this little author's note before I begin the chapter to explain where I've been the past four weeks and what's been going on. The past month you might as well say, I've been traveling for work. As some of you may not have realized, mostly because it's not something I discuss openly, but I'm a Licensed Practical Nurse and I work in long-term care facilities with a passion for becoming a Registered Nurse someday when COVID-19 is over and done with and just a memory that we'd all rather just drink away.

I don't really want to get into irrelevant details, but I just want to say that all the chapters that I have been meaning to post have been done and sitting in my Google Docs account, unedited, ready to post. I have to drive over one-hundred-miles a day back-and-forth to work and I usually don't get home until after 1 a.m. and I get off of work at 11, so you can imagine that drive and the toll it takes on someone mentally.

I'm going to start getting out chapters sometime in the next day or two, but please be patient and don't think that I've forgotten about you, because I haven't.

Now, onto the actual thing that you're waiting for, which is Cyrus' part-of-view and I hope that you enjoy it.

Cya. ^.^

"Did you tell anyone?"

I growl as I grab a rock off the ground and throw it with all my strength. It goes quite a fair bit of distance before knocking into a tree. As the tree shakes from the power of my strength, snow falls from its bare branches.

"Of course I didn't tell anyone," I grumble, shoving my hands into my pockets. "The only person I can tell is Mom and I don't want to worry her."

"But what if that kid talks and it gets back to the pack?" Levi asks.

"He won't."

Though I speak with confidence, I have no idea. Other than his name, I know nothing about this kid. I can use his scent to track him, but wouldn't that make me even more suspicious in his eyes? I don't want to give him a reason to look for me. I can't give him a reason to look for me.

I glare at Levi. "I'll get into trouble if I'm found out, so you better not tell anyone, either."

Levi takes a weary step back and raises his hands defensively. "You know I would never do that."

"I know you wouldn't. I'm just saying."

Levi has been with me for a long time. From when we were young, I knew he would be my Beta the moment I took over the pack as Alpha. I trust him, but he might not see telling my Mom as a problem.