2

Jacob pulls me into the kitchen where I find a small frail woman in the corner mixing some sort of concoction "nana?" Jacob calls out "jacob is that you?" The woman asks slowly limping towards us " yes it is nana and this is violet she is staying here with her brother" he says "Ah violet come closer my eyesight isn't what it used to be" she smiles and I step closer and she looks up "your a pretty one aren't you" she says "thank you?" I reply coming out more like a question.

"come, come sit down"she begs me over to a table where she sits across from me and she takes my hand "nana reads palms" Jake says "palms?" I question " yes you see palms are lot easier to read than books or people they give you the whole story"nana says then raising her walking stick to wack a hand belonging to Jacob away from the mixture "Ah i see you were quite intelligent and lived quite a happy life but your parents on the other hand only saw..." She trails off " saw what? " I ask but I am only met with fits of coughing.

"I apologise love I will tell you later I need to sort out this illness" she states I nod and Jacob exclaims " let me show you everywhere else" he grabs my hand and leads me into an magnificent library,filled to the brim of books from seemingly everywhere "amazing" I mutter then I notice a girl that looked slightly older than me in the corner writing away on some parchment.

"Eveline " Jacob says from behind me walking across to the girl "evie this is violet she will be staying with us for a little bit" he says as I walk over and she looks up "oh sorry I was in one of my trances you know when I start writing I can't stop" she says bubbly as I try and look over at what she's writing "oh your interested in the suffragettes?" I ask "well yes I think we should be treated equally and that we should have a voice" she replies "well said, did you hear about Emily Davison a couple of months ago?" I ask "who didn't. It was tragic but it gave us a platform" she said. "oh my I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Eveline Holloway future journalist and current feminist" she says raising her hand and I shake it .

"I am violet pemberton" I reply "good meeting you violet but I assume jacob has a lot more of the house to show you so I will leave you to it" she says. Next we go up the ornate stairs and I am lead to discover more of this decadent house and to meet more interesting characters.