Star Gazing

It was late at night, and Tony was relaxing with his boyfriend of two years, Steve Rogers, when the super soldier got an idea.

See, Steve had been waiting for the perfect moment, and was yet to find it. But on a clear, beautiful night like this one, Steve thought he'd take his chance.

"Hey Tony, get your jacket on." Steve said, slipping his own on.

"Why? What's happening?" Tony asked, slightly anxious.

"Surprise, it's a date." Steve smiled.

"Ooo, a surprise date? I like that." Tony smirked, getting his jacket on.

They walked hand in hand through the streets. Steve led him to the peak nearby, and Tony thought Steve had maybe set something up for them, like a picnic.

Steve began to lead them down a trail. The trail was darker then the rest of the park, and seemed to go on forever.

"Steeeeeeveeee. Where are we going? We've been walking sooo longgggg." Tony whined, and Steve just smiled.

"I told you, you'll see!" Steve clasped Tony's hand tighter as the smaller man groaned.

They walked in silence for a while, until Steve broke it.

"Hey Tony, you grew up in the busy city right?" Steve asked, and Tony stared at him oddly.

"Yeah why?" Tony was getting suspicious now.

They arrived in a dark field, and Steve led them to a small hill.

"Steve, nothing is here." Tony looked around.

Steve just sat down, waving his hand, motioning for Tony to sit with him. Tony sat in the super soldiers lap, Steve wrapping his large arms around Tony's small body.

"What are we doing?" Tony asked, snuggling farther into Steve.

"Look up." Steve smiled. Tony tilted his head up.

The black sky was filled with bright white stars. They made lovely patterns and little clouds of purplish and blueish dust were surrounding some clusters.

"Wow." Was all Tony could say.

"I thought, since you grew up in the city, I'd take you to do this. It's beautiful." Steve said sheepishly.

"It's stunning." Tony stared in awe. Steve laughed and kissed the top of his forehead.

"That, right there. That's the Big Dipper, and that, that's the Little Dipper." Steve took Tony's hand in his, pointing up at the constellations.

"Ooo." Tony said, smiling wide.

Steve chuckled, tightening his grip on Tony. A shooting star beamed across the sky, and Tony gasped.

"Steve! A shooting star! Make a wish!" Tony said, squeezing Steve's hands. Steve closed his eye, wishing for only one thing.

"Did you make one?!" Tony has turned so he could see Steve. Steve opened his eyes, looking Tony in his adorable face.

"I did." Steve said, cupping Tony's cheeks.

"What did you wish for?!" Tony asked excitedly.

"I wished to spend the rest of my life in your arms." Steve said, and Tony's face flushed a deep red. He smiled from ear to ear. Steve leaned in, kissing Tony softly. They hung on to each other, keeping the kiss going.

When they pulled away, gasping for air, Steve pulled a small velvet box from his back pocket. Tony gasped.

"Tony, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, I love you with all of my heart. I love everything about you. I want to see that bright smile and hear that amazing laugh and your soft snores in my ear while we sleep forever. I want you snuggling with me on the couch while watching movies, I want the bright light from your arc reactor shining on my face, hot morning showers together, nights of me helping you on the lab. I want it all." Steve poured his heart out to Tony, and the smaller man was tearing up, face turning an even deeper shade of red as he held a hand over his mouth, shocked.

"Anthony Edward Stark. Will you marry me?" Steve's heart was pounding, about to jump out of his chest. Tony wrapped his arms around Steve's neck, crying and whispering yes, over and over again. Steve embraced him, and they kissed again.

Steve slipped the ring onto Tony's finger. A silver band with two small red and yellow gems on it. Tony stared at it in awe.

"Steve I love it." Tony whispered, and Steve kissed his forehead again.

They stared up into the stars again, wrapped in each other's arms. Tony twirled the ring around his finger.

"Does it fit?" Steve asked.

"Perfectly." Tony said, snuggling into Steve.