| Chapter 5 |

Chapter Five

* * * * *

"Nathaniel," I looked at him in confusion, "what are you doing here?"

His eyes ran up and down my body before his eyes shot to Adrien's now calm and collected face.

"He's your date? Since when were you two all buddy-buddy?" He scowled pushing Adrien aside to step into the house.

"Since when did you become my father?" I asked crossing my arms across my chest. "I can go out with whomever I want to."

Here's the thing, Nathaniel didn't like Adrien for some reason. I knew why I don't like Adrien, but I'm not sure what Nathaniel's problem with him was. He also sometimes behaved like he was my boyfriend which was so infuriating. I told him on several occasions to stop, I even threatened to end our friendship, and he stopped at one point, but now he's starting up again.

Nathaniel was about to speak, but Adrien beat him to it, "Let's go, Mari. We have eight o clock reservations." I didn't miss the teasing look he shot Nathaniel though. He was so immature.

I nodded at him then moved my eyes to Nathaniel, "We'll talk later. Now, leave my house so I can lock up."

Nathaniel huffed and stormed out of the house, steam practically coming out of his ears. A snicker passed Adrien's lips, but he quickly covered it with a cough when I shot him a glare.

"Let's go," I said and we exited the house.

* * *

The ride to the restaurant mainly consisted of us talking about the couple-y stuff we'd have to do on the date tonight because we are in the eye of the public.

The car stopped in front of the restaurant and a valet rushed out. Adrien got out of the car and came to my side to help me out. After he handed the key to the valet and warned him to be careful with his car, we headed into the restaurant.

A few word exchanges later, we were finally seated.

"This place is so posh," I muttered, my eyes browsing the restaurant. Everyone here looked like they had a lot of money, I mean, I have money but I don't always look like it. Most of my days I'd look like a hippie.

The sound of chatter and utensils hitting the plates, bowls and glasses filled the room.

A waiter came over and we ordered a bottle of wine.

"So Marinette, tell me about yourself," He said as the waiter poured the wine before walking away. "I want to know more than what the media has to offer."

"I'm twenty four. I work as a fashion designer and I have blue hair along with blue eyes," I said cheerfully, only to receive a look of disbelief for the second time today.

"I totally didn't know that," He said sarcastically making me giggle. "Come on, princess. Tell me something exciting about you."

"I'm pretty boring, actually. There's nothing amusing about me," I said, eyeing the few strands of hair that fell onto his forehead. I just wanted to reach over to push it back. It was bugging me... what are you even thinking, Marinette?!

"So have you had any boyfriends in the past?" He asked, taking a sip of his wine. I copied his actions then nodded. When the wine slipped down my throat, I came to the conclusion that wine tastes awful.