background and flame in a small town opening

*note story will contain very serious dark themes*

peridot sat up eyes burning tears rolled off her cheeks. as she sits up she listens to the tapping of rain against her window. she contemplates her decision to break up with her girlfriend emerald. emerald was always abusive had been since Peridot found out that she had cheated on her. Peridot chose to stay with emerald since emerald said she was drunk and didn't mean it. Then emerald started hitting peridot. it started small an occasional shove or slap during arguments escalated into vicious beatings and being locked in her closet, emerald screaming that peridot was a slut and that peridot didn't love her always making peridot cry peridot usually ended up calling her friend blue.(semi flashback) Blue being the quiet shy type usually helped sneak peridot out in the dead of night when emerald would pass out. Blue tried to get peridot to stop going back but peridot was insistent .( flashback)The final straw was when emerald being the cheer captain made peridot go to the final game of their schools football season. peridot was driving when emerald ask her to take her to a party after the game. peridot said yes.

1.5hours later)

peridot got into the car followed by emerald and her friend. Emerald slid close to peridot as she drove to the party. as they pulled up peridot slid out of the car slowly walking to the house. peridot felt emerald breeze by into the house peridot followed. when peridot entered the party was loud and the house reeked of sweat and alcohol . peridot decided the best thing was to find some friends moseying over to her friends garnet a tall shy British girl , Samantha and Niki rutile, twins who share and love everything, and padperatcha a small girl who was smart and Whitty even after it was needed.

peridot talked to the group for an hour till a very drunk emerald grabbed peridot and pulled her along with her till they got to a bedroom emerald grabbed peridot's shirt and skirt pulling them off before backing away "come on in boys" called emerald peridot could only look on in horror as three guy walked out and proceeded to pin peridot down she kicked and screamed eventually they overpowered her for 3 hours peridot was raped when they left emerald looked at peridot as she cried before saying to her" that's for all the times you made me hurt you and you ever hurt me it will be ten times worse. before she walked out .peridot rolled over grabbed her cloths and called blue. blue rushed to the party as she lived up the street and took peridot to the hospital the cops caught the boys from peridots description and emerald got away Scot free .

Then today peridot went to  highschool  she had been held out by police and her family. today they allowed her to return to school as she goes to walk into class she sees emerald. she walks over to peridot and hugs her "peri I missed you two months and you don't message me your girlfriend ." "I AM NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND!" peridot yelled "that's not very kind hon I thought..." I don't care I can't be near anyone because of you and what you did" peridot whimpered before she walked away.