Chapter 1 (The beginning)

The faint sound of ice shuffled in the glass of his freshly finished scotch. The smell of his Cuban cigar filled the room of his high rise condo. The figure sat behind his computer, plotting his plans for the future. Plans that would soon cripple a company, implicate governments, and destroy the lives of elites. To him, typical work.

The figure was well dressed in a classic devour. He was well calculated and extremely articulate. He was undoubtedly in shape and carried himself with a functional demeanor similar to that of a soldier. He was of average height. His fedora covered his short dark hair and his freshly manicured nails clacked against his keyboard.

The figure was submerged in his screen watching a live feed of a family that figured him for dead years ago. A family ripped away from his life by a threat, a threat he would soon destroy. Even then it wouldn't be as simple as returning home, the fog of war, the lies told and left to be believed. His family had moved on, started a new life, one he felt he has no place in. Still he watched from the shadows, vowing to keep them safe from the dangers and enemies he had created. His thoughts drifted to revenge on the Network, the group he spent his life helping to forge, a group that made him the monster he is today, a group he would soon tear down and watch the castles burn to the ground. The margin for error was zero.
"Pour me another" said the figure, seemingly to the air as his fingers clinked the side of his glass. A second well built figure egressed from the shadows of a dark corner of the room.
"Are you sure sir" said the second figure " we have a meeting with our contact in an hour and must be prepared for any-"
"- I said pour me another" the first figure calmly interrupted.
"As you wish sir" stated the second figure.

"Thank you for your concerns Stephen" the first figure stated to reassure him. "Tonight will go fine, familiar territory"
"Understood" Stephen responded, this time with a more confident tone.
The figure resumed watched his computer screen as Stephen walk back to his seat next to the absent lit hallway which provided an entrance to the condo where they were held up awaiting their next move.

The clicking of the clock, the clacking of the keyboard, and the spontaneous clunking of the class created an orchestra as the men bide their time until their meeting.
"It's time sir" said Stephen
The figure replied "Thank you, call the car"
Stephen flips open his phone and put it to his ear. "We are on the way down" Stephen tells the person on the other end of the phone.

The figure closes the top of his computer and emerges from his seat. He grabs his 45mm pistol from his desk drawer and reunites with its holster tucked away in his waist ban. He buttons his bottom button of his suit and heads for the door being held ajar by his companion Stephen.

They approach the stairs and begin to make their descend from the 35th floor using the stairs. Once in the lobby, they make their way to the entrance where a black town car was waiting to take them to their destination.
"Evening Jimmy" states the figure "How's the family?"
"Great" responds the driver "My wife loved the play, thanks for the tickets"
"No worries" said the figure "I hear a rendition of the West Side Story is soon to be in town. I'll have Stephen send you over some tickets"
"Oh that would be great" replied the driver "where to tonight"
"To hell if we don't change our ways I assume" said the figure jokingly
The look of unapproval fell upon Stephens face as the joke was undoubtedly lost on him.
"The Industrial park off of 53rd" the figure stated, "Seems Stephen here is a bit of a worry wort tonight"

The town car pulled away from the curve and they were off to meet the contact. This contact was a newly contracted party as their plan were secret, even from those he had pledged his fidelity to, the worry of Stephen stemming from the fact that they were completely off book, and the Network he had worked for would find their mission a betrayal. The Network was vast and not exactly an enemy one would want to make, but the figure saw himself a worthy adversary and fancied himself a step ahead. Soon they would find themselves on the Networks radar, and soon they would become targets. Tonight would be the night that they obtain the last crucial elements to their plans.

The car began to slow as they were arriving at their destination. The car pulled into a well lit warehouse where another vehicle was sitting by waiting on their arrival. Stephen opened the door and stepped out to scan the open warehouse. His glance of all clear resonated from his face inform the figure it was clear and safe to emerge from the car.

"Antonio, how are we today" bellowed the figure. "We are on a strict timeline, I trust you have what I've asked for"
"Of course" said Antonio holding a stack of files in his hand. Antonio was a tracker of sorts. A short fellow, but well built and well prepared to handle his own. His face tatted up with tats worn by those who's allegiance was sworn to the Cartel. He was anything but a man you wanted to anger. He handed the files to the figure for him to inspect. The figure began browsing through files.
"Yes, yes, yes, this will do nicely " the figure muffled under his breath
"How hard were they to track down?" asked the figure
Antonio replied "Pretty difficult, someone was obviously hiding them pretty well"
"Did you stay below the radar" asked the figure "I can't afford tipping anyone off this early"
"Yeah, Yeah, of course, I'm a professional after all" Antonio stated in an arrogant manner
"Good, anyone know about the meet?" Asked the figure
"No, just me and my driver, anymore question? I'd like my money" Antonio said even more arrogantly than before.
"No more questions Antonio, Stephen pay the man" said the figure as he entered the back seat of his town car
- BAM, Bam, Bam echoed a 45
"They're payed, Antonia a little extra" said Stephen as he reentered the car.
"Good, call the cleaner" the figure said "Jimmy, take us home"
"Yes sir" Jimmy replies as if this kind of thing was of the norm.
"Well?" asked Stephen
"We have the names, all five, now we must collect them without tipping off the Network" the figure said uncertainly.