Blood Ties | Tenya Iida {REQUESTED}

I have no excuses for how long it's been. All I can do is apologize... again. The reader is Toga's twin sister, but they won't share the same last name because of the parent's split. Also, this isn't at all proofread because I'm working on a time deadline. The ending was especially rushed this time. Sorry aisanevaH_selA

(Female Reader)

~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes, things just don't work out.

This was a lesson you'd been taught at a young age from your mother. After her split with your father (you were only one and a half at the time), she'd made sure it was cemented in your brain. In turn, that made you a pretty passive child, not really making strong attachments to anything in particular. You weren't completely sure if that was a good or bad thing yet.

Some kid decided to take the seat you usually sat in for lunch? Oh well, they weren't assigned, so you should have expected it.

The boy you had a crush on in elementary decided he liked your best friend more than you? Oh well, the heart wanted what it wanted.

Your father couldn't make it to your birthday party for the tenth consecutive year in a row? Oh well, he did have another child to care for that required a lot of his attention. Said child was your twin sister, whom you've never had the chance to meet. He'd taken her, and your mother had taken you in the split (which was a stupid thing to do, in your opinion, but you were too young to do anything about it at that time). Even so, you held no bad blood or negative feelings towards your father or your mother. They had their reasons, and you didn't care to question them. You'd never been one to react too strongly to anything, really.

So, as you stared at the blood sitting immobile on Vlad King's glove, you couldn't find it in yourself to care that much that your quirk still hadn't grown enough to make it do more than move a millimeter in either direction. Vlad King, however, didn't share your passive sentiment. "What was that, (l/n)? Were you even trying that time?!" His glove absorbed the blood back into his body as he took intimidating steps towards you.

You put your bandaged hands up in front of you as you cowered slightly away from him. "Of course I did. I swear, it moved half a millimeter more than yesterday," you tried, not wanting him to chew you out or give you more brutal training.

His eyes narrowed further, and you shuddered as his hands went to his hips. Vlad King was always warm with the rest of the class, but everyone knew that something bad was coming when the hands went to the hips.

For a moment, he just stared at you without saying a word, making a bead of sweat roll down the back of your neck. With a sigh, he brought up a hand and began rubbing his temples. "Really (l/n), I'm running out of ways to make you care more about improving your quirk. You can't always rely on harming yourself to use your quirk. I know that too well."

You turned your eyes away from his disappointed expression to look at the scars along your arms that the bandages failed to cover. They were haphazardly placed, and some even ran across others. You didn't always have the time to make precise cuts when you were in the heat of battle. A part of you hated the way they marred your skin, but it was a price you had to pay to use your quirk and couldn't be helped.

"I do care about improving my quirk, Vlad King sensei, I just don't see the point in getting upset or frustrated about not mastering it at this point in my life. If millimeters is all I can manage right now, I'll take them happily. With time and training, those millimeters add up, so I'm not worried. So, until I get to the point of being able to manipulate others' blood as well as my own, I'll do what I must."