Prologue: The Death of my Father

I was just an ordinary boy living in Wisconsin. I'm living happily with my family,and I'm contented with my life and friends. One day my father decided to go to the Black River State Forest so he can have rest and peace of mind.

As I strolled around the house, I caught a glimpse of my father turning around the corner that leads to the basement. I followed him secretly and I saw a...

"Whoa, is that a portal Dad?" I asked, walking toward him.

My father turned around."Draco, you have to leave!" my dad pleaded.

"Why? That's like the most awesome thing I ever saw and you're telling me to leave? I'm telling Mom about this." I replied

"Don't! Please. You have to-"

A dark creature came out the portal, writhing and clawing itself out.

"Draco, run! I'll handle this."

"But, Dad-"

"JUST RUN!"

I'll never forget this day. I ran like a coward. I didn't have the courage to save Father. I just ran and ran. I tripped over a stone, running. I ran again, regardless of my wounds.

The house exploded. 

"Mom, Dad.. No. Why...does it have to be like this?" I asked.

The dark creature flew out from the basement. I stared at it, full of hate. Hate for myself and hate for that creature. It flew down swiftly towards me. I backed away the instant it touched the ground.

"You, why did you have to blow the house up?" I asked.

It opened its mouth but, I didn't hear anything. Then I heard a voice in my mind, a voice that I can easily compare to a talking reptile.

"You're...the cause of all this." it said.

"Why me?" I asked angrily. "YOU BLEW UP THE HOUSE!!! You killed everyone!! YOU WERE THE CAUSE OF ALL THIS!" I shouted

"How dare you. I can easily squash you like an insect right now, because your powers are still asleep, half-draconian. Unfortunately, I can-"

"GET OUT! You have no place here! Fly away before I kill you, bastard!"

Unknown to me at this time, I already awakened my powers. My eyes turned reptile-like with a red iris.

I clenched my fist. It glowed with a blue light.

The dark creature looked at me with surprise and fright. "No, it can't be. You already awakened it?" it said in my mind.

"I don't know. But you can be sure that if any of your kind comes here to find me, I'll kill them."

I opened my palm. A blue ball appeared. "For Mom, Dad, Gramps. DIE!!!!"

I jumped up and slammed the blue ball in its head so fast, it wasn't able to fly away. It roared in pain, clawing up the ground. I jumped back and let the ball do its thing.

"Sayonara."

Then I fainted.